Which fast food chain serves Coke or Pepsi?

Started by muppethammer26, February 13, 2015, 11:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppethammer26

I was talking about this in the Walmart thread with ShopKoFan when I said the top 3 burger chains serve Coke. So I just want to know every single fast food chain that serves either beverage.

You may include exceptions such as a normally Coke chain serving Pepsi products and a normally Pepsi chain serving Coke products in parentheses. You may even include a chain that doesn't serve either Coke or Pepsi and instead serves RC.

EddieJ1984

McDonalds - Coke
Burger King - Coke
Wendy's - Coke
Sibway - Coke
Taco Bell - Pepsi
KFC - Pepsi
Arby's - Pepsi
Pizza Hut - Pepsi

ynkeesfn82

I'm going to hijack this thread and post this question. Is it easier to get a contract with Coke or Pepsi? I know several independent places that serve Pepsi Products.

Century Buffet - A Chinese American Buffet in Bristol, Connecticut
Imperial Buffet - A Chinese American Buffet in Plainville, Connecticut
Royal Buffet - A Chinese American Buffet in Waterbury, Connecticut
Illusions Dance Club - A Country themed Night Club in Wolcott, Connecticut.

ynkeesfn82

Back to Chains:

Hometown Buffet: Coke
Price Chopper Supermarket Food Court: Pepsi
Food Bag Convenience Store Chain: Pepsi (Obviously referring to the self-serve fountains)
7-Eleven: Coke (Obviously referring to the Self-Serve Fountain)

There's a cheap-o Chinese Buffet on MW Turnpike in the Milldale section of Southington, Connecticut that uses some off-the-wall brand. They have a self-serve fountain and there are hand-written signs on all the different flavors. Cola, Lemon-Lime, Rootbeer, etc.

HannafordHearts

Five Guys serves Coke.

Quote from: Marc B on February 14, 2015, 08:46:31 AM
I know several independent places that serve Pepsi Products.

Me too; nearly every independent pizzeria I've been to in the area serves Pepsi products.

Bdubs

For non chain restaurants, its all about what company is more aggressive in a particular area. Where I live, there is a Pepsi distribution plant, and the restaurants a very Pepsi product heavy.
I would imagine its safe to say, that if there were a Coke plant in the same town, there would be a larger amount of coke products versus Pepsi.

TheFugitive

Does ANY chain out there pour RC Cola?

Any of them??

Bdubs

You probably drink RC Cola more often than you think. If you order a cola at the bar and they don't have a branded Pepsi or Coke soda gun, chances are they are using an RC Cola syrup. Its 1/2 the price of the "Big 2". Its distributed by beverage companies that have no affiliation to a company.
I have even seen Diet Rite in a syrup. Order a "Diet Coke" and you may not get the real thing.

MikeRa

Quote from: Marc B on February 14, 2015, 08:53:04 AM
Back to Chains:

Hometown Buffet: Coke
Price Chopper Supermarket Food Court: Pepsi
Food Bag Convenience Store Chain: Pepsi (Obviously referring to the self-serve fountains)
7-Eleven: Coke (Obviously referring to the Self-Serve Fountain)

There's a cheap-o Chinese Buffet on MW Turnpike in the Milldale section of Southington, Connecticut that uses some off-the-wall brand. They have a self-serve fountain and there are hand-written signs on all the different flavors. Cola, Lemon-Lime, Rootbeer, etc.

The 7 Eleven near me serves both Pepsi and Coke in the same machine.  Wawa serves coke only
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

ynkeesfn82

Target in Southington, CT has both Coke and Pepsi products on the soda fountain in their Food Court.

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

BillyGr

Quote from: Caldor1999 on April 07, 2015, 12:08:52 AM
Wendys use to sell Pepsi until 1998
http://www.nytimes.com/1998/08/25/business/wendy-s-says-no-to-pepsi-yes-to-coca-cola.html

One thing that Coke sales people had done during that time period was to point out to restaurants that Pepsi was not only a supplier, but also a competitor (as they had purchased things like Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell and such).
This may have led to some companies switching brands.

Pikapower

I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

BillyGr

Quote from: Pikapower on April 07, 2015, 06:11:41 PM
Quote from: Caldor1999 on April 07, 2015, 12:08:52 AM
Wendys use to sell Pepsi until 1998
http://www.nytimes.com/1998/08/25/business/wendy-s-says-no-to-pepsi-yes-to-coca-cola.html

For as long as I can remember, Wendy's has always served Coke.

Should also note from that article - Pepsi was apparently selling to them via the franchisees, so there was a good chance that the Wendy's in your particular area simply weren't ones that went over to Pepsi. 
Unlike McDonald's, where Coke was the only approved beverage (though there was one location that tried their own Pepsi challenge but it was never repeated since the franchisee there never got another franchise and others seeing that probably thought it wise not to follow the leader).

Hudsons81

Quote from: BillyGr on April 08, 2015, 10:15:47 AM
Unlike McDonald's, where Coke was the only approved beverage.

There is actually a McDonald's at Detroit Metro Airport that still serves Pepsi.

shore72

Burger King had switched to Pepsi in the 80s (I still remember the TV commercial, with a BK employee running and falling into the arms of a Pepsi employee) but eventually switched back. I know that the local Pepsi bottler has always been aggressive and has the majority of the independent business around here, including lots of local firemen's carnivals and little league ballparks. They give some very good deals to non-profits like that. The independents selling Coke tend to be older places that predate the big push Pepsi started in the 80s. We have a former Tastee-Freez here in town that's been Coke forever.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: Hudsons81 on April 09, 2015, 04:35:30 PM
Quote from: BillyGr on April 08, 2015, 10:15:47 AM
Unlike McDonald's, where Coke was the only approved beverage.

There is actually a McDonald's at Detroit Metro Airport that still serves Pepsi.
The McDonald's at the Mall of America also serves Pepsi.

A&W - Pepsi (excluding A&W Root Beer, which is owned by Cadbury-Schweppes)
Taco Bell - Pepsi
Pizza Hut/WingStreet - Pepsi
Kentucky Fried Chicken - Pepsi
Long John Silver's - Pepsi
Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches - Coke
Subway - Coke
Arby's - Pepsi
McDonald's - Coke
Burger King - Coke
Wendy's - Coke
Hardee's/Carl's Jr. - Coke
Sonic Drive-In - Coke
Little Caesar's Pizza - Pepsi
Papa John's Pizza - Pepsi
Domino's - Coke (USA & Canada), Pepsi (Mexico)
Qdoba - Coke
Jack in the Box - Coke

JSIDA17

Cumberland Farms- both

*breathing intensifies*  :o

Quote from: JSIDA17 on April 24, 2016, 05:06:01 PM
Cumberland Farms- both

7-Eleven - Both
Kwik Trip - Both
Most gas station convenience stores - Both

Pikapower

Tim Hortons - Pepsi (I think they used serve Coke)
Wegmans Market Cafe - Coke (for fountain drinks at most locations)
Regal Cinemas - Coke (formerly Pepsi)

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

Marcus Cinema - Pepsi
Silver Cinema - Coke

Pikapower

General Cinema movie theaters used to serve Pepsi.

Subway used to serve Pepsi products at most of their locations until the mid 2000s when they switched to Coke. At the same time they switched to Coke, they started to include the option of toasting their sub sandwiches.

Because Subway switched from Pepsi to Coke, Quiznos switched from Coke to Pepsi.

Brian the Helenman

Taco Bell - Pepsi
Subway - Coke
Arby's - Pepsi, Boylan's
McDonald's - Coke (all locations), Pepsi (select locations)
Burger King - Coke
Wendy's - Coke
Sonic Drive-In - Coke
Qdoba - Coke
Jack in the Box - Coke
That cheap-o Chinese Buffet on MW Turnpike in the Milldale section of Southington, Connecticut - Some off-the-wall brand
Marcus Cinema - Pepsi
Silver Cinema - Coke

Pikapower

Quote from: ShopKoFan on May 16, 2016, 08:23:36 PM
Quote from: JSIDA17 on April 24, 2016, 05:06:01 PM
Cumberland Farms- both

7-Eleven - Both
Kwik Trip - Both
Most gas station convenience stores - Both

Target sell both in the fountains, I think.

Quote from: Brian the Helenman on May 24, 2016, 05:20:37 PM
Taco Bell - Pepsi
Subway - Coke
Arby's - Pepsi, Boylan's
Burger King - Coke
Wendy's - Coke
Sonic Drive-In - Coke
Qdoba - Coke
Jack in the Box - Coke
That cheap-o Chinese Buffet on MW Turnpike in the Milldale section of Southington, Connecticut - Some off-the-wall brand
Marcus Cinema - Pepsi
Silver Cinema - Coke
Did you just copy and paste these? HOW DARE YOU!

BillyGr

Quote from: ShopKoFan on May 24, 2016, 11:44:44 PM
Quote from: Brian the Helenman on May 24, 2016, 05:20:37 PM
Taco Bell - Pepsi
Subway - Coke
Arby's - Pepsi, Boylan's
Burger King - Coke
Wendy's - Coke
Sonic Drive-In - Coke
Qdoba - Coke
Jack in the Box - Coke
Marcus Cinema - Pepsi
Silver Cinema - Coke
Did you just copy and paste these? HOW DARE YOU!

Perhaps tried to quote your post and then add a few (since the last 6 or so are not on the original list) but somehow wound up without the quote part?

Pikapower

Quote from: HannafordHearts on February 16, 2015, 12:42:52 PM

Me too; nearly every independent pizzeria I've been to in the area serves Pepsi products.

They must have gotten a better deal for soft drinks from Pepsi than Coke!

BillyGr

Quote from: Pikapower on May 27, 2016, 02:51:48 PM
Quote from: HannafordHearts on February 16, 2015, 12:42:52 PM

They must have gotten a better deal for soft drinks from Pepsi than Coke!

Of course, when it comes to independently owned places it could be something as simple as the owner liking one soda and not the other!