New owners fire all personalities at popular CT Radio Station

Started by ynkeesfn82, July 07, 2014, 06:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

New owners have taken over popular Hartford radio station  102.9 DRC-FM and its AM sister stations. The new owners fired everyone at the popular station that plays music from the 70s, 80s, and 90s. The only personalities that weren't fired were Kim Zachary from DRC-FM and "Grandpa Davis" from the AM Station.

http://www.courant.com/features/hc-wdrc-sale-0708-20140707,0,4516013.story

Of course there is a lot of outrage on Faceboook. Unless they change the music too much I will still listen to the station. I really don't care who the personalities are.

ynkeesfn82

They trashed the entire station. They got rid of all disco music. It just plain old sucks!  >:(

Having an open mind I sampled the station for 20 minutes this morning. I only knew one song - The "Lola" Song.

Crappy imaging too. In-between each song "102.9 DRC".

No more DRC-FM.

No More Big D.

Just calling the station 102.9 DRC.

New Lineup:

6AM-10AM Kim Zachary (Hold Over from the previous ownership)
10AM-2PM Mike "Slap Happy Lappy" Lapitino (From WDRC's sister station in Milford 99.1 PLR where he does afternoon)
2PM-7PM Allan Lamberti (From WDRC's sister station 95.9 The FOX in Norwalk where he does Middays).
7PM-12Midnight Rob Ray (Hold Over from previous ownership)

TheFugitive

Sadly all too common in the radio business.   Especially today when sales departments are quaking in their
boots over data showing that people under 30 have pretty much quit listening to radio.

Not unheard of in the retail business either.   Tractor Supply made a huge deal about this when they
acquired Quality Farm and Fleet.   Let the whole home office and just about all the store managers go.
"We have the right to start over with OUR PEOPLE, blah blah blah."