Brammy's thoughts on everything going on

Started by Brammy, April 04, 2020, 08:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brammy

Everything closes at 8PM now. And although I haven't done it in in a couple of years (because I'm not friends with that person anymore) I still liked knowing I could still doing it if I wanted to. - Having a  post midnight meal at Denny's, participating in post 2AM shenanigans at the 24 hour Walmart. (one night we were tossing a football around and when he threw it back to me it bounced off one of the overhead signs), eating junk food and smoking weed in that Walmart parking lot. (There was something very therapeutic about that). Other times 10 or 15 of us having a post midnight fire in his backyard drinking beer and smoking weed.

Now with everything locked down I feel like I'm serving a prison sentence for something I didn't do. I miss the simple things - going to Burger King or Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. - Having breakfast at ShopRite (the one in Southington has breakfast sandwiches for $1.89 - cheaper than McD's and until the lockdown a buffet for $7.49/lb).  I also worry about getting my ass kicked if I cough in Walmart or some other store. (The dry air makes me cough. Sometimes allergies too).

And although I canceled it before Christmas - before COVID-19 and before I got fired, I realized last week was supposed to be my trip to Baltimore with a couple of co-workers. We were going to see 2 Yankees-Orioles baseball games and explore the city including going to The Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum and possibly going to one of celebrity chef Guy Fieri's restaurants.

And let's not forget about birthdays. 3 of my friends have birthdays this month. I had put money aside, so we could do something. It also looks like my own birthday will be canceled as well. At the end of last week the Governor of Connecticut said he hoped to end the lockdown by April 30th. Yesterday he said the virus isn't expected to peak in Greater Hartford until the end of May/beginning of June. (My birthday is May 23rd) and that social distancing and the lockdown would continue for at least 4-6 weeks after the virus peaks, which puts us into July.
The Real Brammy