Labor Day weekend trip to King of Prussia

Started by Brammy, September 05, 2019, 08:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brammy

I took another trip to King of Prussia to see my buddy Kyle.

Saturday August 31st.

I arrived at the 30th Street Amtrak station in Philly around 2:20PM. I got a soda at Dunkin and sat down to relax for a little bit. Then I double checked the location of the bus stop for the bus to King of Prussia. I was going to cross the street to the bus stop and then I was like "Nah. I don't know how long it will be before the bus will get here." So I took an Uber instead.

I got to my hotel - The Double Tree on West DeKalb Pike in King of Prussia just before 4PM. I checked in, got my warm cookie, and went up to my room on the 7th floor. I touch base with Kyle and find out he's spending time with his family before he heads into work later in the evening. I decide to unwind and watch TV. Next thing I know it's 6:30 and I'm debating my options for dinner - go down to the in-hotel restaurant, have the hotel shuttle drop me off somewhere for dinner, or have something delivered via one of the food delivery apps. I'm very indecisive and by 7:30PM I decided the hell with it and have crackers and a bottle of water for my dinner.

I read and listen to music on my phone til 10PM and I watch the 10PM News more or less to find out the weather. At 10:30PM I decided to go to sleep. I could barely sleep because the people in the room next to mind were talking very loud and laughing and other stuff. I'm getting angry. This went on past Midnight. Finally at 12:30AM I go down to the front desk and complain about the noise. They promise to send security to check it out. I should mention I could heard the noise down the hallway from the room. Within 10 minutes of me returning to my room it was nice and quiet and I was finally able to get some sleep.

Sunday September 1st.

The day started for me with an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. It was $15 and it was delicious. I get back to my room and take a nap for a while. Even though I finally got some sleep after the noise had died down, I still slept for only 4 1/2 hours. I find a missed message from Kyle that he's going to pick me up at the hotel between 2:30 and 3PM. About 11:30 I decide I was going to take the hotel shuttle to Giant or Walmart to get a couple snacks. As I'm walking down the hall towards the elevator I see the woman from the room next door. She's getting ready to check out. She's dressed in a bridal gown. She gives me a look that says "I know you're the one who called security." Downstairs I find out the hotel shuttle is full and I don't want to wait for it to come back. I go to the in-hotel gift shop where I paid $2.99 for a 20 ounce soda and $4.99 for a 5.2 ounce can of Pringles.

Kyle picks me up just before 3PM. I decided that we should have lunch at The Pub by Wegmans - a restaurant located inside the Wegmans supermarket. I had a Reuben Sandwich with Tuscan Fries. It was super good. As we're leaving Wegmans Kyle informs me he doesn't want to go to the mall. We go to Duck Donuts for desert. Duck Donuts based out of the town of Duck , North Carolina is known for their hot, fresh donuts. Never having a hot, fresh donut I don't know what to expect. They fry them in front of you and the put on the toppings you want. I went with chocolate frosting with chocolate sprinkles. It was good. We then went to Giant, where I picked up some snacks for the train ride home. It's after 5 when Kyle drops me back at the hotel.

Monday September 2nd.

My day again starts with the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. Then I begin packing. It starts raining hard. There was even some hail. By 10:30AM it had stopped. I checked out of the hotel, took the hotel shuttle to the King of Prussia Mall to catch the bus to the 30th Street Amtrak station. I stop in the mall to use the bathroom and see a few stores and the food court. Popeye's is opening in the food court. I got on the 124 Bus a little after Noon and get to 30 Street Station by a quarter to 1. There was a long line to board the train and I got back to Connecticut safely around 10 after 7 and then got an Uber home.
The Real Brammy

Jon_TheBarber

gonna ask the question on everyone's mind: What flavor Pringles?

Live Mas

riickyyyspaaaaniiiish

Sucks that Kyle didn't want to go to the mall, all in all sounds fun though.  Always nice to go on adventures.
misses spags