New Coke is coming back

Started by Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill), May 23, 2019, 05:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Coca-Cola is releasing New Coke in a limited release to promote season 3 of Netflix web series "Stranger Things," which is set in the 1980s.

M.R.CALDOR

I would love to get some, but I'm not paying out the nose for it, I hate these current "Retro Nostalgia" cash-ins by companies like this that only make limited quantities for limited areas, make it widely available for everyone. If you're gonna bring something back, BRING IT BACK!!!!

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: M.R.CALDOR on May 23, 2019, 09:46:59 AM
I would love to get some, but I'm not paying out the nose for it, I hate these current "Retro Nostalgia" cash-ins by companies like this that only make limited quantities for limited areas, make it widely available for everyone. If you're gonna bring something back, BRING IT BACK!!!!
You're right. They should've done what Pepsi did last summer with their retro can and bottle designs, and release them nationwide. There is no excuse for this. I remember when Coke brought back Hi-C Ecto Cooler for the new Ghostbusters film, they released it everywhere. I'm also reminded of the fact that New Coke was sold alongside Coca-Cola "Classic" in the 1990s in the American Midwest, although the name was changed to "Coke II" by that time.

TheFugitive

I didn't like it the first time.
3 1/2 decades of time passage is unlikely to change my mind.

BillyGr

Quote from: ShopKoFan on May 23, 2019, 07:18:35 PM
I'm also reminded of the fact that New Coke was sold alongside Coca-Cola "Classic" in the 1990s in the American Midwest, although the name was changed to "Coke II" by that time.

Seems they would have had less problems if they had done that to start with since at least some of the people who didn't "like" the new version were more upset at not being able to get the original one and were against it before even trying it.
Unfortunately at that time they didn't do the "extensions" like they do today (like the many flavors of Coke).