RadioShack to open 50 stores inside HobbyTown locations

Started by retailisking, July 18, 2018, 04:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shore72

I never really saw HobbyTown as a license to print money but we do have one locally that's been around since the 90's. My first thought was the old line about putting 2 losers together to try to make a winner but thinking about it, this may be a decent fit. I would say that the current demographics of HT are very similar to what they were at RS when it was in its prime.

Solaris

To be Honest, this doesn't feel like a comeback.

If You want a Real RadioShack Experience, You might have to travel to Oconto Falls, WI
In My Opinion, that's the only True RadioShack Left at the moment, there may be more but those are mostly Dealers.

retailisking

Quote from: GameShibe on July 18, 2018, 10:00:14 PM
If You want a Real RadioShack Experience, You might have to travel to Oconto Falls, WI
In My Opinion, that's the only True RadioShack Left at the moment, there may be more but those are mostly Dealers.

It's definitely not the same thing as a full-line store (after all, there's only so much RS merchandise you can cram into 500 square feet.)

Solaris

Quote from: retailisking on July 18, 2018, 10:20:36 PM
Quote from: GameShibe on July 18, 2018, 10:00:14 PM

It's definitely not the same thing as a full-line store (after all, there's only so much RS merchandise you can cram into 500 square feet.)

Only thing that changed was Sprint was Swapped out for Cellcom, a Popular-ish Carrier in Wisconsin, Most likely Cellcom or a Franchisee is Franchising both the Location and Cellcom's Service for the location.

By "True" i meant like you could go in and it would feel the same as a regular Location, i didn't mean it's operated by the company, the Dealers don't really feel the same as walking to a Owned by the Company RadioShack.

TheFugitive

Since it's a hobby store I presume they are going to be selling those  build-your-own
electronics hobby kits like they did in the 70's?