a question to everyone on the ames fan club

Started by Retail_247, September 22, 2019, 05:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail_247

I have a question for everyone who is a user on this form. im not complaining and i'm not trying to be rude but i'm just curious why do you use photobucket?
Retail_247

M.R.CALDOR

I never use Photobucket and what they are doing to photos across the internet is damming. I thought it was stupid when they started plastering their watermark on photos they dont own [just because they are posted on your site, doesn't make them your property], but now they not only have their watermark still on there, but they've also blurred the images, its asinine. Now you cant even see some of the photos on this site and I doubt very much the OPs will come back and re-up them.

NJxxJon

Dont know.

Reminds me I have to fix photo ISSUES on here............................................
JN

TheFugitive

I used Photobucket to host some photos I wanted to post of the Parkway Center Mall
shortly before it was demolished.

Not long after that Photobucket changed its policies and began blocking third-party access
to all but paid account customers.

Photobucket apparently earned itself the ire of millions of web users by destroying thousands
of websites in the process.  Like an atom bomb that nobody saw coming.

shore72

Maybe 10 years ago or so I wanted to post some photos on a forum and a web search pointed to Photobucket, among others, so I chose them. Hey, it was free and it worked. It was always a pain to deal with, at least with the various older computers I've used. It just took a long time to load anything and was generally clunky. But worth every penny I paid!

I haven't loaded anything on there in a couple years; I keep getting "death-threat" emails from them that I'm about to lose most everything (maybe everything, I'll admit I didn't really read past the opening line), but I really don't care. I realize it could mess up some older posts I've made (and they're all pretty old by now). Guess some day I'll have to find an alternative.

M.R.CALDOR

On other forums, I've used imgbox.com and honestly its much better.

deerwrecker2017

Truth is I never used Photobucket or even bothered to so much as think of using Photobucket since I never had any use for it.

BillyGr

Especially on this forum, since you can just post the photo directly in the post

Jon_TheBarber

Live Mas