Burger King

Started by amesman, January 08, 2005, 03:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
LMAO you should get a picture of that "Mother Clucker's Chicken Joint"

I'll try. I don't go down that way very often.

XISMZERO

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82

I'm down there most days of the week. I actually want to try it out -- the place smells wonderful upon passing.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

videogamer75

Ok, thanks :)

Marc82

The sign next to the road just says Chicken Joint. 793-Cluck.

Marc82

Wendy's new frosty shakes are also really good.

I ordered one. The dumb@$$ Asian kid working there just gave me a large cup filled with Vanilla Icecream. :flaming: I sat right near where the manager was interviewing a potential new employee. I should've said something to her.

videogamer75

At my Wendy's, they are ALWAYS out of vanilla ice cream....must be popular.

XISMZERO

There's an old-school BK in Santa Monica, CA on Pico Ave. This Flickr member has a couple pictures posted -- totally unchanged to this day! In my travels, I haven't seen one like this in years!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirtyworldnews/2657572022/
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

videogamer75

The Burger King in Absecon, NJ still had the "Home of the Whopper" building style last time I checked, but that is very cool!

videogamer75

Check out this awesome 1950's Burger King in Naperville, IL. This is the oldest Burger King currently in operation, and yes, it still looks like this as of 2007! :roll:

The road sign is modern however, according to another picture.

From Flickr.com.

videogamer75

Another picture of the 1950's Burger King in Naperville IL!

silverrose43

The Burger King in Norwich, CT is currently a pile of rubble. They are "remodeling" and will re-open soon. Funny they did the same thing to the McDonald's half a mile up the street a few months ago.

I wonder why its easier to knock it down and rebuild then just do a traditional remodel.

frameguy2704

The burger king in  my town just put up a no photography /solicition sign

Marc82

Update: A coworker of mine at Walmart who lives in Plainville told me that a couple weeks before Mother Cluckers opened in the old Burger King, a lot of people complained to  the town about the name, so they changed the name to "The Chicken Joint."

videogamer75

Plainville is cool....I've never been there (or even north of Jersey), but from the pictures I've seen, it just screams retro.

powersbt

Update: A coworker of mine at Walmart who lives in Plainville told me that a couple weeks before Mother Cluckers opened in the old Burger King, a lot of people complained to  the town about the name, so they changed the name to "The Chicken Joint."

I don't know why some of these business' try to get away with names like that. Over here, we have a company called Holy Shirts!! If you see the commercial, it sounds like they are swearing.

store215

We got a place called "Let's Get Stoned (Inc.)". They sell granite countertops and stuff :no:

videogamer75

I think people just need to stop overreacting to them, they're just names, most little kids will probably not understand the reference in something like ''Let's Get Stoned Inc''.

XISMZERO

Former Burger King in Plainville, CT. I remember when this had the "Home of the Whopper" moniker on the front roof. If I recall the place closed in 2003 or 04 due to a fire. It's been a few things since, today it's "Chicken Joint".

The patio area is a former play scape setting (I used to play on there, though rarely, when I was a wee lad).
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

NJxxJon

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Former Burger King in Plainville, CT. I remember when this had the "Home of the Whopper" moniker on the front roof. If I recall the place closed in 2003 or 04 due to a fire. It's been a few things since, today it's "Chicken Joint".

The patio area is a former play scape setting (I used to play on there, though rarely, when I was a wee lad).

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTSN&cp=qybs0z8xvgr7&style=b&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=17128830&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

yep looks inactive and has a DIFFERENT roof......
JN

videogamer75

Burger Kings looked so much nicer when they had wood roofs and such....I mean, take the Clay, NY BK picture on page 4, that interior doesn't remind me of a fast food restaurant and it makes me want to eat at BK. The new one just reminds me of a smaller McDonald's!

videogamer75

Here is a remodeled 1970s Burger King in Vineland NJ in front of the toys R us.

videogamer75

Here is an old school, wooden roofed BK with the orange lettering in Egg Harbor Township, NJ. Sorry about the picture being a little blurry. I took it through the car window.

Mobil

These are all the closed ones I know of:
Broomall, PA
Ridley Park, PA
Yeadon, PA (part of a Mobil station. It closed along with Mobil. The station is now a Valero.)
Springfield, PA (Springfield Mall)
Media, PA
Middletown, PA (Granite Run Mall)
Lima, PA
West Chester, PA
Gap, PA
Oaklyn, NJ
Asbury Park, NJ
Chestertown, MD
Suffolk, Boston

Does anyone else know that Jamesway used to have BK inside?

videogamer75

BK
Here's a former Burger King in Berlin, NJ. It's now an AWESOME pizza place called Scotto Pizza Italian Grille. I think it was also a Subway at one point. Next to it is a very old 70's Wendy's, now a Chinese joint, but I didn't get a pic of that.

rjstheiv

This Burger King is in Carrick PA. This  picture is from around 1998 or so. They have painted the roof blue and gotton a new sign since then. The sign is now red and does not read "Home of the Whopper"

Pic taken from (http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/RealEstate/Search.aspx)

Crawford

What is with all the closed Burger Kings as of late. The most recent one was in Swansea on Route 6 not too far from the mall. Place always seemed busy to me.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

rjstheiv

An updated picture of the BK in Carrick PA.

CTAmeshopper

QuoteOriginally posted by rjstheiv
This Burger King is in Carrick PA. This  picture is from around 1998 or so. They have painted the roof blue and gotton a new sign since then. The sign is now red and does not read "Home of the Whopper"

Pic taken from (http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/RealEstate/Search.aspx)

THAT's 1998? WOW! it looks so OLD!!!!! geez if you haven't told me the year I could've mistaken it for 1990,1991 or 1985! So much has changed since then, geez that's like 11 years ago!:o

rjstheiv

yes that BK was behind on its logo changing

Marc82

Just saw a new commercial for Burger King on America's Most Wanted. They have a new sandwich called "The Angry Whopper." Apparently it has tons of jalepeno peppers and pepper jack cheese, and angry sauce in it.

Send someone an angry gram. http://www.angry-gram.com/