Jiffy Pizza Crust Mix

Started by TheFugitive, November 30, 2018, 02:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFugitive

This is, in my opinion, the best off-the-shelf mix for making a crust for homemade pizza.

Made by the Jiffy Baking Mix Co. in Chelsea, Michigan (home of the most disastrous Ames store ever) I had been eating this for years, ever since I was a kid and my mom would buy it.  It's come in the same familiar blue and white box for probably longer than I've been alive.

Strangely when I got the craving for some a couple of months ago I could not find it ANYWHERE on the store shelves.  This despite the fact that other Jiffy products (corn muffin mix, baking mix, pie crust) were easily available.

I logged onto the company's website and did a search for a retailer near me.  The search returned only ONE result, and that was a Walmart store about forty miles away.  However, I saw that you could order it direct from the factory by the case, so I did so.  I am now set for at least a year's worth of pizza.

The cost per box of buying in bulk is less than a dollar a box, but the shipping is fairly expensive and eats up anything you might have saved off of the retail price.