COVID 19

Started by Brammy, March 13, 2020, 10:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything Community

Quote from: deerwrecker2017 on April 10, 2020, 04:32:23 PM
Some updates in my area.

The Governor has issued an Executive Order to allow the Early Release as much as 1,800 Non-Violent Inmates from the State Prisons (To either Halfway Houses or Home Confinement) mainly consisting of Inmates that are within 9 Months of their Scheduled Release date (12 Months for Inmates who are considered to be at a heightened risk of contracting COVID-19).

The schools around here will be remaining closed until the fall.

Effective on Monday the Port Authority will be limiting the number of riders that will allowed to be on it's Buses and Light Rail Vehicles at any one time to no more than 10 riders for 35 Foot Buses, 15 riders for 40 Foot Buses and 25 riders for 60 Foot Buses and Light Rail Vehicles. This is in addition to all of the Public Transit services in the region that have already reduced their schedules even temporarily suspending some of their routes.

UPMC is implementing a new type of Clinical Trial (This platform is called REMAP-COVID) to fast track the Current Treatments that are currently being tested out in treating COVID-19 Patients and the platform relies on a type of Artificial Intelligence that is known as "Reinforcement learning to identify the best, evidence-backed therapy for COVID-19 much faster than using the traditional scientific approach.".

Giant Eagle is now limiting the number of customers allowed in the store at any given time when the store is open (50% of the occupancy allowed by the respective Fire Codes where the stores are located) which other retailers have already done as well.

The Fine Wine And Good Spirits website has on April 1 resumed operations on a limited scale allowing no more than 6 Bottles per order from a reduced catalog of about 1,000 best selling Wines and Distilled Spirits per customer per day with the amount of orders being limited as well (They are saying that the amount of orders can get increased as their order fulfillment capacity "Gradually ramps up").

In my state (Connecticut), our governor has signed the executive order for renters. Ours now has over ten thousand COVID-19 cases. Most of these cases are in Fairfield/New Haven areas. In our county, we aren't in the hotspot right now. Ours has just around 150 cases (in Tolland County). Windham County has the fewest cases in all of the counties there are in the state.

Also, our governor said that schools (plus non-essential businesses & restaurants) will remain closed until at least May 20.

Our state hasn't even reached a peak for coronavirus cases (yet). I hope it will happen in around its last days of April. Only time can tell when things might get back to normal.

deerwrecker2017

Quote from: Everything Community on April 10, 2020, 06:32:09 PM
In my state (Connecticut), our governor has signed the executive order for renters. Ours now has over ten thousand COVID-19 cases. Most of these cases are in Fairfield/New Haven areas. In our county, we aren't in the hotspot right now. Ours has just around 150 cases (in Tolland County). Windham County has the fewest cases in all of the counties there are in the state.

Also, our governor said that schools (plus non-essential businesses & restaurants) will remain closed until at least May 20.

Our state hasn't even reached a peak for coronavirus cases (yet). I hope it will happen in around its last days of April. Only time can tell when things might get back to normal.

The total number of cases in PA are currently 21 cases shy of the 20,000 mark (Currently at 19,979 Cases) and the real major hotspots for these cases are in the eastern part of the State with 5 Counties each with 1,000 cases or more having more than half of the cases (Philadelphia, Montgomery, Lehigh, Delaware and Luzerne) total than the rest of PA (11,674 cases total from the 5 counties listed).

NJxxJon

Sucks our board is active cause of a thread like this....Its like a bad dream everyday waking up and going to my essential job......
JN

JimSawhill

Here in Tampa, HART (Hillsborough Area Regional Transit) has reduced the bus  to Sunday service plus. A few commuter routes are operating.

Brammy

Quote from: NJxxJon on April 10, 2020, 08:22:38 PM
Sucks our board is active cause of a thread like this....Its like a bad dream everyday waking up and going to my essential job......

It seems to me that traffic on the board dropped off a lot after the two week outage last month.
The Real Brammy

deerwrecker2017

Quote from: NJxxJon on April 10, 2020, 08:22:38 PM

You are right about how it truly does suck due to the circumstances you have listed but everything out there will eventually get better and there will be other threads appearing on this board that will not be related to COVID-19 at all.

BillyGr

Might also be that many of the things that normally get posted on these forums just aren't available at the moment.

Not likely to be (for instance) too many out taking photos of old stores during this time, and things like announcements of stores closing aren't occurring (they may be closed for this, but not that many are making any decisions at this point on permanent changes).

deerwrecker2017

Quote from: BillyGr on April 12, 2020, 12:40:08 PM
Might also be that many of the things that normally get posted on these forums just aren't available at the moment.

Not likely to be (for instance) too many out taking photos of old stores during this time, and things like announcements of stores closing aren't occurring (they may be closed for this, but not that many are making any decisions at this point on permanent changes).

I will agree that announcements of stores closing for good are not taking place given the current circumstances as all of the business that specializes in liquidation currently see the circumstances (The stay-at-home orders implemented by many of the respective State Governors, The current social distancing guidelines and how contagious COVID-19 truly is) make it completely unsafe for the liquidators to conduct store closing and going out of business sales let alone even think about the idea. I likely do not see any store closing announcements taking place until the pandemic completely comes to an end.

Regarding nobody being out there taking pictures of old stores could be depending on how the methods to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 (Social distancing guidelines, Stay-at-home orders) is enforced in the respective states or the individuals themselves deciding to only leave their houses when there are only visiting essential businesses.