Howard Johnson's Restaurants

Started by amesman, January 08, 2005, 02:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amesman

Yup, I heard about that as well. Also, Asbury Park was built in a unique circular design. That was not a standard design for a Howard Johnson's restaurant. There was another one in New Jersey that was built like that as well, and it is now an IHOP.

amesman

Also, it appears to have been open when you were there. Did you go into the restaurant?

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
Also, it appears to have been open when you were there. Did you go into the restaurant?

no it was to crowed i did see some orangle hojo stuff in there
i think its open all summer
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

HoJofan206

Wash the Ashbury building built AS a Howard Johnson's or was that an excisting building converted into one.?  :huh:

HoJofan206

Does anyone have any pictures of the (current IHOP) that was a HoJO in New Jersey.  THat would be cool to see.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
Does anyone have any pictures of the (current IHOP) that was a HoJO in New Jersey.  THat would be cool to see.

i drove past it its still an ihop
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Wash the Ashbury building built AS a Howard Johnson's or was that an excisting building converted into one.?  :huh:

yes it was buld as a howard Johnsons it opend in 1963

just read what it says in this picture
Caldor Forever!

HoJofan206

Yeah, I read the info on the pic after I had allready posted the question about the Ashbury HoJo.  I scrolled down while the pics were displaying.  If I just would have been a little more patient!!  lol  It would be cool if someone could post a pic of the second "round" HoJo.  I bet the two HoJo sights would like a pic of that for their informative sights as well.
A good 4th of July to all.

Caldor1999

Yeah, I read the info on the pic after I had allready posted the question about the Ashbury HoJo.  I scrolled down while the pics were displaying.  If I just would have been a little more patient!!  lol  It would be cool if someone could post a pic of the second "round" HoJo.  I bet the two HoJo sights would like a pic of that for their informative sights as well.
A good 4th of July to all.

im gonna try and go to the one in Times Squre before it closes
Caldor Forever!

Zayre88

Here's a cool night picture on an old postcard i've found.  It's the Hojo Restaurant in Wildwood NJ probably in the 70's.

amesman

Here's the link to pictures for the second circular restaurant in New Jersey(now IHOP, I beleive).  

http://orangeroof.org/NewJersey/Restaurants/CapeMay/capemay1.html

amesman

Caldor1999

Also, here's a link to pics of Wildwood, NJ. http://orangeroof.org/NewJersey/Restaurants/Wildwood/wildwood1.html

is that one still there>?
Caldor Forever!

HoJofan206

cool pics!  thanks for posting!

Caldor1999

cool pics!  thanks for posting!

thank u i still have to go to the one in times squre lol
Caldor Forever!

amesman

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
Also, here's a link to pics of Wildwood, NJ. http://orangeroof.org/NewJersey/Restaurants/Wildwood/wildwood1.html

is that one still there>?

No, the Wildwood location has been closed for a long time. I believe it has been demolished as well.

HoJofan206

Has anyone been back to Springfield to get some post-era HoJo pics before the building is razed.

amesman

Well, the building is still there as far as I know. I'm too far away to get pics, but, I do know that the building has been gutted, and wll probably be demolished later this summer.

HoJofan206

Does anyone know of a current email address for Rich Kummerlowe of autoage.org ?  The one on the sight bounced back to me and I have a great find for him on his HoJo sight.

LazarusFan

Was there ever or has there been a Howard Johnson's in Conway, AR?

thedisneystore967

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
Here's a cool night picture on an old postcard i've found.  It's the Hojo Restaurant in Wildwood NJ probably in the 70's.

your kidding me? right...thayt's where my aunt lives...:huh:

amesman

Rich's email should be the same as what's on his site: rich@autoage.org. What's the amazing find?

Also, I'm not sure if there was a Hojo's in Conway, AR, but I will check for you.

HoJofan206

I have found two pics of the former Evansville In HoJo listed on ebay for sale.  To date, I had NEVER been able to find any information on the former location (it was closed and torn down in 1973) and out of nowhere someone had some "personal" pics of the remnant eatery.  Rich currently has no pics on his sight for the Evansville location and I am sure he would like a copy of them to add to his great sight.

I tried the email on the sight, but the email bounced back to me as, "Mailer Deamon...or something like that."  :(

HoJofan206

Any info I have about former HoJo's do not have any listings for any locations in Conway AR.....

HoJofan206

Does anyone know why the Bay City location just shut down without any warning?  Has it changed names or just closed down alltogether? :huh::huh:

HoJofan206

I hope the Ashbury Park location continues to carry on for several more years.  Would be strange if it ended up being the LAST Howard Johnson's restaurant.