Home Depot Expo going down

Started by nibw, January 26, 2009, 02:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nibw

http://www.kansas.com/wireupdates/story/677421.html

No more giant fortresses of home supply stuff.

Looks like Hone Depot is in trouble as well.

CTAmeshopper

you beat me to it!

Sad, but they did say that Expo was failing before the housing crisis on CNN.

So Expo was was toast way before the economy crashed.

nims57

Wow, they already closed mine in 2005. I remember when it opened in 1989... now the plaza is dead.

Marc82

Of course I don't like seeing anyone losing their jobs, I hope it's just EXPO going down and not Home Depot too. I know a lot of people who work there. One sweet lady works for the Queen Street one in Southington. And quite a few of the associates of the former Shaw's in Southington work at the one in Milldale.

nims57

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
Of course I don't like seeing anyone losing their jobs, I hope it's just EXPO going down and not Home Depot too. I know a lot of people who work there. One sweet lady works for the Queen Street one in Southington. And quite a few of the associates of the former Shaw's in Southington work at the one in Milldale.  

Maybe Home Depot will end up like A&P... or Kmart...

tokensafari

i doubt it. I say Lowes. there was an expo right next to my work. That store is bigger than the Home Depot next to it. It never did anything... i mean there was never more than 5 or 6 cares in the parking lot. I wondered how they made any money off that division... now i see they didn't