2019 Beyond Cold in Connecticut

Started by giantsfan2016, January 20, 2019, 06:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

Let me preface this by saying it's not going to be a long lasting cold spell like it was at the end of 2017/beginning of 2018, but it's going to be much colder. After snow last night and freezing rain most of the overnight hours and a portion of the morning today, the temperatures started plummeting. The high is barely going to be 10 tomorrow and the windchill is supposed to be 20 to 30 below zero! Gotta work 10:30AM-4PM. Gonna have to wear my hoodie under my winter coat. I gotta see if I can wear my sweatpants under my jeans. (I don't know if they'll fit). Anyway Tuesday will be a little better with highs in the 20s, but the windchill is still going to be close to zero. Wednesday is going to be so warm (I never thought I'd call 40s warm) that the precipitation is going to be rain. Temperatures are going to fall again by the end of the week, but not as bad as tomorrow. Saturday is going to be 20 and they're talking about possible more snow next Sunday and/or Monday.

NJxxJon

Weather underground has a "history" site and last year / year before that our temps were LOWER.....weird.....but makes sense down here. Winds today were bad too......wind chill....oh damn.......bbbrrrrrrr
JN