Just bought: Vinyl record with Ames tag (picture)

Started by Wild_Rose, February 18, 2020, 11:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild_Rose

I recently bought this Waylon Jennings record at a used record/CD/comic/video game/pop culture type store in Seekonk, Massachusetts. The album itself is a compilation originally released in 1978. I believe a different version of this same record with a couple of different songs was released 5 years later. Also, notice the red logo. Either way, this is pretty classic and easily somewhere between 35-42 years old and in "like-new" condition. The plastic is open by the sleeve, but otherwise, it is still in tact. The original owner sure took care of their records.

The price tag says $4.99 but I actually paid $3 for this. Quite a deal and as someone who will soon be moving out of the northeast, I plan to keep this in my collection forever. Both as a Waylon fan, but I could get this record anywhere. It's truly special as I doubt I will find too many records with an "Ames" tag on them in the midwest and they're hard enough to find these days in New England.  Sorry if the picture is too huge, but at least you get some detail.

TheFugitive

That's true.  I joined Ames in 1988.
Was a manager at several locations in the Midwest, and
at that time the company had stopped selling vinyl.