New mini versions of popular cereals

Started by Everything Community, October 02, 2022, 12:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything Community

These products are supposed to be in the cereal aisles starting in November (I think).

You cannot see attachments on this board.
You cannot see attachments on this board. 

TheFugitive

As likely this board's Senior Citizen who was alive during the inflationary economy of the 1970's I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this move is to allow for the use of less/cheaper ingredients to cover for the fact that the price is continuing to go up.

Everything Community

Quote from: TheFugitive on October 03, 2022, 10:08:25 AMAs likely this board's Senior Citizen who was alive during the inflationary economy of the 1970's I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this move is to allow for the use of less/cheaper ingredients to cover for the fact that the price is continuing to go up.

It's likely the fact that the more of the size of cereals (traditional) in production, the more expensive cereals would cost nowadays. I can tell that the way inflation goes, they would have to either reduce the amount in packaging or make the content even smaller like mini Doritos or smaller Fig Newtons for the same price (or a little more expensive these days).

TheFugitive

Quote from: Everything Community on October 03, 2022, 03:44:06 PM
Quote from: TheFugitive on October 03, 2022, 10:08:25 AMAs likely this board's Senior Citizen who was alive during the inflationary economy of the 1970's I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this move is to allow for the use of less/cheaper ingredients to cover for the fact that the price is continuing to go up.

It's likely the fact that the more of the size of cereals (traditional) in production, the more expensive cereals would cost nowadays. I can tell that the way inflation goes, they would have to either reduce the amount in packaging or make the content even smaller like mini Doritos or smaller Fig Newtons for the same price (or a little more expensive these days).

"sold by weight, not volume"