Burger King

Started by amesman, January 08, 2005, 03:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottw73

I worked for BK for many years (1992-1998) I can't even stand the smell of a Whopper.  In the last two years  I worked  there I was a manager, and I would ask employees on their break to get me food from somewhere else (yes even McDonalds)

david121

I did that for managers, and why BK has a breakfast menu is beyond me, as it's so limited. I'd go to Mcdonalds and eat in the lobby with my uniform and all.

store215

The Burger King's near me have become really run-down within the past few years. They are just filthy inside, rude employees, and disgusting food.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321
The Burger King's near me have become really run-down within the past few years. They are just filthy inside, rude employees, and disgusting food.

7 years ago my late mother got sick (she did not die of it) befcause of the food at the one in concord nh on loudon rd and the place was dirty and 6 months after my family and I never at there again after service there was so bad. I have not eaten at that one in 7 yeras and the one in salem too.

XISMZERO

Burger King in Bristol, Connecticut (on Rt. 6) typically has repeatedly good service during the afternoon. No matter what store you visit, I find their food (apart from their food made to order) too often tastes like it's been sitting around for hours. I heard some bad stories from former employees, but not all BKs are bad.
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Zayre88

Our BK, pictured on top of this page, has a very very slow drive thru service.  They're no good at it.  even when you're alone in the line, it takes several minutes to get your order.  McDonald's is way better and faster at this but i prefer BK for the food.

Marc82

The one in Southington in Shaw's Plaza is very slow as well. And I've even had the manager screw up my order. They also like to harass their applicants. 4 times they left messages for me saying for me to call them to schedule an interview. That was a little obcessive. If after 2 times of not returning phone calls they shouldve realized I wasnt interested.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
The one in Southington in Shaw's Plaza is very slow as well. And I've even had the manager screw up my order. They also like to harass their applicants. 4 times they left messages for me saying for me to call them to schedule an interview. That was a little obcessive. If after 2 times of not returning phone calls they shouldve realized I wasnt interested.

the one in streetsboro ohio messed up my order when I was there last june. they forgot 2 of my food and I called the restuarant when I noticed and they denied it and I was going to call the manager.

Marc82

I've got a story that beats that, tho it happened at the Golden Arches and not BK. This was many years ago. My dad ordered 6 Big Macs. (2 for me and 2 for him and 2 left over for the next day). Well when we got the home the meat was missing from the sandwiches.

XISMZERO

Here's the Burger King in Bristol, Connecticut on Route 6.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Here's the Burger King in Bristol, Connecticut on Route 6.

They been there for quite a long time. From 1976-1986 a friend of mine was a big shot at the now-defunct Bristol Radio Station WBIS AM 1440, which was located in the office plaza next door. He told me the staff of BK made special items not on their regular menu for those who worked at the radio station. They were called The WBIS Specials. (WBIS is now WPRX, a Spanish Station at 1120 on your AM Dial, broadcasting from the 5th floor of an old Factory on Ellis Street in New Britain). The tower is still in downtown Bristol.

david121

QuoteOriginally posted by MBZ321

The ones in my town are like that. Although the Franchisee is a huge company, they don't do jack for the stores in my town. I recall doing various cleaning tasks, and within five minutes, it was dirty again. No, I am not making that up at all. When the district manager came over, it became a butt kissing mission. We had high turnover - to be expected, but management threw out so many good applications, and I recall we all (Including I) put a good word in for some one who applied, and they didn't hire him, and instead, hired some dirt bag who lasted a day.

I was more bothered about the coworkers than I was the filitiness of the place.

And I do have some bad horror stories. I wrote a huge rant about them, I shared with a friend, and somehow they found out. That was intresting... I didn't really get pissed, as I didn't work there anymore, and didn't care.

XISMZERO

A now vacant Burger King; Torrington, CT. 3-9-07.

This store was undoubtably Connecticut's oldest; still had the mostly wooden ceilings, benches, and brown-tiles all over the place! Even has the old-school logo on the doors! Store was vacated as part of a proposal to suit a future Lowe's.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Vacant Burger King; Torrington, CT. 3-9-07.

Old-school logo, painted over on the doors.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Vacant Burger King; Torrington, CT. 3-9-07.

Check out the insides! Must've seen very few renovations over the years. This store probably opened in the late 70s? It was Torrington's second BK. The nearest and last town with two Burger King stores is Bristol.

More photos here: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/xismzero/album/576460762392944136
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

HoJofan206

Another former Burger King sitting abandoned. :no:

HoJofan206

Here is the above BK when it was still open.

david121

OK, the one on State Street in Watertown had its roof painted a dark blue... but the one on Arsenal Street, had it painted blue like the ones on the site.

Mikey7290, do you know when the BK's in Watertown where built?

C. Fontaine

Hehe, I used to love the BK in Webster, MA, my brother works there now.  Great service and food, rather eat there than McDonalds, although most others do tend to suck.

Papa Ginos was my first job, I started as cashier and worked my way through management, and I agree, some people that work at these places are slimeballs and make those horror stories come true!

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
Here is the above BK when it was still open.

The closed BK shown above does not look exactly like the open one in the picture.  It looks like a late Burger Chef or Hardee's.

XISMZERO

Does anyone remember Burger King's original chicken tenders? They used to be "stick" shaped, and were dark brown and notoriously crispy and delicious. I used to insist BK was the best because of the tenders combined with their already very good hamburgers. Now, the tenders they offer taste somewhat the same but are always undercooked, lighter looking and in different "shapes."

Used to go to BK almost every Saturday for lunch back in the day. I've become convinced they're not nearly as good anymore. I used to consider BK my ultimate craving food. Today, I barely patronize them anymore apart from their silly ad campaign and absent store design (used to love the wooden-filled interiors). Ah, the ol' days...
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

david121

I liked them a lot, until I worked there for a few years and got sick of the food. Now I can't eat the food without getting sick.

Marc82

The former one on Route 10 in Plainville after spending several years empty and about a year or less as a little rinky-dink Italian place is now a restaurant called Wild Kids LLC. If I had kids I wouldn't take them there. Sounds like a place where they molest children.

videogamer75

this Burger King has a green roof!

C. Fontaine

I remember when BK had Jalepeno Poppers, those things were bomb.  Their attempt at tacos years ago was hilarious, they looked like soggy turds, although they tasted pretty good.  My bro has worked for Burger King in Webster, MA for years, and I take BK over McDonalds anyday so I'm there pretty often.

We had a case last year of the Southbridge, MA Burger King.  Some employees burnt it down so they wouldn't have to work there anymore and they just got sentenced not too long ago!  I guess they blamed it on rowdy late night customers, but register records showed no business since 8:00 and they got busted.

The other BK in Southbridge is now a Chinese restaurant.

FearlessSwan

The Norwalk, CT location during I'm guessing the late 70s.

FearlessSwan

Former BK, Palm Harbor, FL

Marc82

The former one on Route 10 in Plainville after spending several years empty and about a year or less as a little rinky-dink Italian place is now a restaurant called Wild Kids LLC. If I had kids I wouldn't take them there. Sounds like a place where they molest children.

I know I'm pathetic for quoting myself. The place was called Wild Child and it was an organic restaurant. It's gone now and it' now a place called Mother Clucker's Chicken Joint. :bouncing:

richway987

I know I'm pathetic for quoting myself. The place was called Wild Child and it was an organic restaurant. It's gone now and it' now a place called Mother Clucker's Chicken Joint. :bouncing:

shut up you mother clucker :insane: :P

videogamer75

LMAO you should get a picture of that "Mother Clucker's Chicken Joint"