Main Menu

The change over

Started by Crawford, March 17, 2008, 07:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crawford

When Ames bought out Zayre here in RI, other than changing the signs and getting rid of the restaurants, I never felt like I was going into a completely different store. Most places kept the same layout as Zayre. Oddly enough, during the first round of closings, the former Zayre stores stayed open for the most part and stores that had been Ames from the get go closed. Those who live in other states, did you feel the same way when Ames took over chains in your areas and did everything stay pretty much the same other than name switches?
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

Anonymous

I felt exactlly the same way. I was relocating from Cincinnati to Tampa at the time.  Both stores were the same way it was like going in Zayre with an Ames sign at the front.  The old Zayre merchandise stayed around forever in both stores too. Even though the seasons changed in Cincy the old clothes on the rack didn't.  I think the old Zayre stuff was still in the stores when they closed.