ShopRite Reusing Wal*Mart Carts

Started by Retail Regents, August 23, 2019, 01:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Regents

Found this lovely cart in the junk line at the Kingston, NY location. Logo boxes didn't match the color of the plastic, indicating the ShopRite logos on this one were decals. Peeled one back and revealed this:

Look closely. Doesn't that ShopRite logo on the other side look like a decal?

Retail_247

The stop & shop closest to me used to have walmart shopping carts and covered up the walmart logo with the stop & shop logo. Stop & shop got new shopping carts but they were not walmart shopping carts.
Retail_247

giantsfan2016

Quote from: a_person_96 on August 23, 2019, 01:49:18 PM
The stop & shop closest to me used to have walmart shopping carts and covered up the walmart logo with the stop & shop logo. Stop & shop got new shopping carts but they were not walmart shopping carts.

The Stop and Shop on Wolcott Road in Waterbury, CT had old Walmarts carts for a while. I haven't been up to Waterbury in years, so I don't know if this is still the case. Both stores are in the same paza.

Retail Regents

I know some stores use refurbished metal ex-Walmart carts. Here's one from the Holyoke, MA location.

Retail Regents

Quote from: giantsfan2016 on August 23, 2019, 02:25:48 PM
Quote from: a_person_96 on August 23, 2019, 01:49:18 PM

The Stop and Shop on Wolcott Road in Waterbury, CT had old Walmarts carts for a while. I haven't been up to Waterbury in years, so I don't know if this is still the case. Both stores are in the same paza.

May 2019 street view shows a bunch of junk carts chained together. Some appear to be ex-Walmart and some are much older Stop & Shop units. Hard to tell if the plastic ones are still in service, but the metal carts still appear to be in service.