Main Menu

Chicken Nuggets

Started by giantsfan2016, September 24, 2018, 10:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

I woke up craving chicken nuggets this morning. It sucks that there are none in the house and I don't have any money to buy any. My Mom also wouldn't buy me any. Here are my thoughts on chicken nuggets.

Fast Food Chicken Nuggets.

Best: Chick Fil A and Burger King.
Worst: Wendy's and McDonald's. (MC D's Used to be the best).

Frozen Store Bought.

Best: Weaver and Purdue.

Decent: Banquet.

Worst: On-Cor.

Other chicken nugget notes:

Also I don't know what brand they are, but in the Deli Department at Stop and Shop supermarkets they have 25 nuggets for $5. They are damn good. - Especially after getting out of work at midnite and sharing a joint with a coworker during the drive home. (Yeah I used to work there).

Dipping sauces for the nuggets:

Honey Mustard, BBQ Sauce, and Ranch. Putting ketchup on chicken nuggets is a crime. Mayo is also good as a last resort if you don't have any of those other dipping sauces. Marinara sauce could work too as a last resort.

TheFugitive

I agree with you that Chick fil A's are the best and Burger King's are quite decent too.

I can't recall if I have ever ordered them at Wendy's.  You say you remember when McDonalds' used to be better?  I remember the original ones that were not all-white meat.  For sure when they switched to white meat it was an improvement.

I found Banquet to be quite rubbery, as were the Aldi store brand.

BillyGr

Quote from: Brammy on September 24, 2018, 10:29:09 PM
Dipping sauces for the nuggets:
Putting ketchup on chicken nuggets is a crime.

Although, if you have ketchup and can add vinegar, Worcestershire, onion, horseradish, brown sugar and some seasonings you can make your own BBQ sauce! (Recipe courtesy of Montgomery Wards - from a microwave cookbook that came with the microwave for BBQ Ribs).
(Note the horseradish and Worcestershire are small amounts - the other 4 are the main ingredients).

retailisking

Best fast food nuggets I ever had was Kentucky Nuggets at KFC. They lasted only a few years, though. Word is they were a pain to make. Closest thing from them now is popcorn chicken. McD's chicken nuggets were tastier when they used dark meat chicken. As with all fast food, the flavor and texture quickly deteriorate after they've been out of the fryer and sitting under the heat lamps.

giantsfan2016

I knew someone who worked at a McD's in International Falls, Minnesota (Nope. Never been there. Brammy's now former friend from Southington, CT moved there for a few years moved back to CT and then moved back to International Falls) and he told me the problem with the McDonald's chicken nuggets occurred when they removed the pink slime.

deerwrecker2017

To be honest when I go to any fast food restaurant anywhere Chicken Nuggets is something that I usually don't order at all as I see myself ordering something else from their respective menus (It's been several years since I ever ordered Chicken Nuggets at any fast food restaurant). To be honest the best Chicken Nuggets that you could easily get is ones that you make yourself if you Google "Chicken Nugget Recipe".

This is a real true story someone I know once breaded pieces of an actual Wild Turkey that was legally hunted and deep fried them and it was real quality excellent eating for sure.

riickyyyspaaaaniiiish

Quote from: ComeTogether_BigThots on August 24, 2019, 03:03:55 PM
I consider myself more a tendies boy. I do however enjoy the 4 for 4 at Wendy's and that does come with some nuggies.

I'm with you on Wendy's nugs my  O0 dude, I would say McDs are trash tier, my buddy was saying he likes them the best I'm like wtf man.. BK I think destroy my stomach they must be trash tier too.
misses spags

Jon_TheBarber

nug aficionado here.  hate when my mom won't buy me any.  pro tip dip in honey and ketchup
Live Mas