outlet malls

Started by d_fife, March 10, 2006, 07:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

here we discuss outlet malls.

major outlet mall areas are in freeport maine, tilton nh, conway nh, kittery maine, lee mass, manchester vermont, and 2 places in connecticut.

Zayre88

The North Hampton Factory Outlet Center failed.  They had a large parking lot with a long strip of stores, located near the seacoast, on route 1,  close to tourists, in tax-free NH.  

I remember they used to have many outlet stores.  (Bass shoes, linens'n things, Hit or Miss, Timberland, Dress Barn, Kitchen ETC., Gitano, American Tourister, Van Heusen and others.)

I have 3 brochures of the center and the oldest shows 36 stores, the other 29 stores and the most recent 20... Today, the place has been redevelopped as a shopping plaza with Shaw's, Marshalls, Home Depot and other stores in the remaining part of the original building.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
The North Hampton Factory Outlet Center failed.  They had a large parking lot with a long strip of stores, located near the seacoast, on route 1,  close to tourists, in tax-free NH.  

I remember they used to have many outlet stores.  (Bass shoes, linens'n things, Hit or Miss, Timberland, Dress Barn, Kitchen ETC., Gitano, American Tourister, Van Heusen and others.)

I have 3 brochures of the center and the oldest shows 36 stores, the other 29 stores and the most recent 20... Today, the place has been redevelopped as a shopping plaza with Shaw's, Marshalls, Home Depot and other stores in the remaining part of the original building.

they even had toy liquidators and ben franklin and I am surprised too! I wonder what killed it, maybe becfause it was 15 miles from kittery.