My Blues Brothers mall !

Started by Zayre88, June 15, 2005, 09:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

Here's a funny story about the mall in my hometown.  The mall opened in 1977.

In the Christmas season of 1978, the mall was entirely demolished inside by a crazy guy in a armored jeep.  The guy drove through the entire mall smashing windows, going through walls and destroying every store.  

A reminder of the police chase into the Dixie Square Mall but with a crazy guy on drugs in an army truck !!  

Here are sample pics!  :yup::yup:

C. Fontaine

Holy crap!  I guess he was a big fan of strip malls instead?

Zayre88

Well, the Jeep looked a bit damaged but not that much.  I don't know what happened to the guy and what stopped him.  I'm gonna ask my parents about that.

Here's another pic:  Inside the A&P supermarket the checkouts were moved a little !!

Jag67

Like the wallpaper in the one store lol..The dude couldnt have been influenced by the BB because this incident happened in 1978, and the BB didnt come out untill 1980. Maybe this incident influenced the movie!!

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
Like the wallpaper in the one store lol..The dude couldnt have been influenced by the BB because this incident happened in 1978, and the BB didnt come out untill 1980. Maybe this incident influenced the movie!!

You guys won't believe it but i think i saw that same wallpaper recently.  Last year i had the chance to go in a vacant store in the mall and there was wallpaper with the same kind of style in the backstore.  It was like if they moved the back wall to create more room in the backstore.  So the wallpaper along with a mirror stayed where they were.

And here are two more pics.  The one on left is (or was) a shoe store.

Jag67

heheh..sorry Amesfanman..Man is that fascinating. The same wallpaper after 28 years. I'd love to see a pic. I hope that space opens again so you could sneak into the back room when no ones there (I do that all the time lol...)