The Watertown, NY area

Started by david121, September 04, 2007, 12:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david121

I live in Watertown, NY... and I'm surprised this site doesn't have more photos from this area. If you name a store or a restaurant, we either have it, or it's on the way.

I'm going to rant here, and yes I am getting out of this area in November. I think I'm the only 20 year old who doesn't have a kid, or have one on the way.

Gotta love Fort Drum, because it's giving us residents new places to shop, and dine at. But you gotta hate it because the soldiers are renting all of the apartments, which is jacking up all of the rent, and any new housing being built is subsidized. Plus their brand new rice burners are always tail-gating me... thinking they are hot frickin stuff.

Then again, the only jobs in the area are service jobs... I laugh at this billboard near the mall for the community college "Invest in your future! Study Business!" OK, you can get a four year business degree locally, but where the hell you going to get a job here? Manage one of the new restaurants?

But anyway, putting the lack of jobs and housing aside... the mall in Watertown is in an area where it can't really expand. It's in between I-81, and some high plains. Wards came to this area in 1995, and closed, and it could be razed for more stores. One dealership used it for a show room and they always had it filled with cars, my dad bought a truck there right as that showroom was closing, and another dealership moved in, but the dealership that moved in sucks hardcore in general - so don't get me started at all.

powersbt

Do they still have the Carnival at that Church behind Wendys on Arsenal St. Played that spot many years ago, and haven't been back up that way since.

david121