Forum Issues

Started by C. Fontaine, March 04, 2009, 11:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fontaine

Hey ya'll, sorry I've had some issues when I tried to upgrade the board.  It seems stable now, but if there is any problems let me know!

NJxxJon

I was scccuurrrrrd. And marc contacted me.....I dont have that special power!!!! haha.
JN

kendra

Hahaha...I saw some error message about "ip_banning" when I tried to log on yesterday...I was like, "what did I do?" :P

jmcnamara96

On member list it says every one is logged of but me and C.Fontaine are on?:huh:

C. Fontaine

QuoteOriginally posted by jmcnamara96
On member list it says every one is logged of but me and C.Fontaine are on?:huh:
Had to remove status from memberlist.  For some reason caused the query time out thus posting all offline.  Appears to work everywhere else.  Also, enjoy the karma (Ames A+) feature!

jmcnamara96

that is sweet:bigsmile:

dmx10101

how does the karma rating work?
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

gu4ever

QuoteOriginally posted by jmcnamara96
yea how does it?
It looks like you can click bellow the karma icons, I praised you and you went from 2 to 3 on your karma rating.

I've been praised so someone must like my photographic efforts of ames, zayre, ponderosa and grand union. :D

It's like a reward merit badge for a job well done!!

There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

jmcnamara96

It wint let me see whos online or the photo gallery?

C3Nostalgia

I was looking at the new board, and noticed that many topics are named incorrectly. 
Such as a threads for an entire chain being named for one location only. 
The "Your Retail Collection" thread being named "Shopping Bags" 
(And this one I don't understand at all) The Bradlee's thread being named "Hey "Mobil"...."

C. Fontaine

Fixed permissions for administrators sorry guys!  Added an admin notepad to communicate amongst ourselves

NJxxJon

Quote from: C. Fontaine on January 28, 2010, 10:55:15 PM
Fixed permissions for administrators sorry guys!  Added an admin notepad to communicate amongst ourselves

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT I might add!
JN

amesman

The board is looking good Chris! I have to say, I like this format alot better. A couple other message boards I frequent have adopted this layout, and it's sharp looking. :)

kendra

I really like the new look to the board! My only complaint is that I can't seem to find the "Today's Posts" (at least I think that's what it was called) section anymore. It was handy when I hadn't been able to check in for a while, I'd just set it for "last 7 days" or whatever and I didn't have to wade through much. Is that feature gone for good, or just relocated?

BillyGr

Quote from: kendra on February 05, 2010, 08:20:11 PM
I really like the new look to the board! My only complaint is that I can't seem to find the "Today's Posts" (at least I think that's what it was called) section anymore. It was handy when I hadn't been able to check in for a while, I'd just set it for "last 7 days" or whatever and I didn't have to wade through much. Is that feature gone for good, or just relocated?

Check at the top of the page - under your user name there is a light blue link labelled "Show unread posts since last visit" - that should get you something similar?

C. Fontaine

Quote from: BillyGr on February 05, 2010, 08:36:28 PM

Check at the top of the page - under your user name there is a light blue link labelled "Show unread posts since last visit" - that should get you something similar?
Yes, that link shows you all unread stuff since your last visit.  There is also a link that will show you all unread topics regardless of login.

kendra

Quote from: C. Fontaine on February 06, 2010, 10:11:26 AM
Quote from: BillyGr on February 05, 2010, 08:36:28 PM

Yes, that link shows you all unread stuff since your last visit.  There is also a link that will show you all unread topics regardless of login.

Alright, thanks to both of you!