Value City

Started by standa, October 27, 2008, 08:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

standa

I read that they will be closing all their stores.

XDeSuEhTX

Kind of sad. The one in Beckley, WV closed December 24th. They're done.
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

rjstheiv

The Value City in South Baldwin PA. The Fleet of carts from this location were sold to the Beer/Soda store next door.

http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/RealEstate/Search.aspx

C3Nostalgia

QuoteOriginally posted by rjstheiv
The Value City in South Baldwin PA. The Fleet of carts from this location were sold to the Beer/Soda store next door.

http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/RealEstate/Search.aspx

I know you said that this was South Baldwin, but is this the location on Lebanon Church Road? If so, I have some pictures I took the when I went there the day before they closed.

rjstheiv

XDeSuEhTX

Here is my local Value City, as of last year. It's now empty.

<a href="http://tinyurl.com/6t6nrt">Link</a> <--
"Ancient malls, overgrown like Roman ruins without the class, our generation will be remembered for our greatest works, our trinkets at Spencer Gifts"

retailfan

Value City has closd all stores as of 12/23
Greenwood Indian closed last year and the plaza is becoming a Buy Buy Baby and Christmas Tree shop
I didnt think id see any of them in Indiana as they were out east

jmcnamara96

Are there any in NH or Mass?

retailfan

QuoteOriginally posted by tbennett
QuoteOriginally posted by retailfan
Greenwood Indian closed last year and the plaza is becoming a Buy Buy Baby and Christmas Tree shop

I remember when the roof fell through on the Greenwood location in about 1998 or '99.  Apparently one of the air conditioning units fell through and brought down the entire roof with it.  The main store and the attached Value City Furniture received a major overhaul, and it sucks driving by the store and seeing it as just a shell.  What a waste! :flaming:

(I wish I'd have known they were tearing out the interior.  I would have gladly taken the fairly new Bogen speakers and paging amplifier off their hands!  My Muzak system - yes, I have a Muzak system - needs a bit of expansion, and paging amps run at about $1,000 these days...:duh: )

On that note, did they shutter the Value City Furniture next door, too?  They recently remodeled that store again to look like the new one in Plainfield in the first old Walmart, next to the second old Walmart, which is next to the new Sprawlmart they knocked down an entire neighborhood to build, despite the 100+ acres of land available next to Metropolis Mall...:flaming:

I'm just interested, retailfan...where are you from?  I'm from Mooresville, IN.  Since you mentioned Greenwood, you probably already know where Mooresville is! :yup:

Tyler

I am from Anderson In but now live in Greenwood
The Valuecity Furniture store is still open
Ive tried to figure out what valuecity was before but havent yet figured that out
I know the Burlington  north of there was Highland appliance and the flower factory was venture then K mart and Target was in County line mall  Im guessing mabe it was Woolco

retailfan

I remember when the roof fell through on the Greenwood location in about 1998 or '99.  Apparently one of the air conditioning units fell through and brought down the entire roof with it.  The main store and the attached Value City Furniture received a major overhaul, and it sucks driving by the store and seeing it as just a shell.  What a waste! :flaming:

(I wish I'd have known they were tearing out the interior.  I would have gladly taken the fairly new Bogen speakers and paging amplifier off their hands!  My Muzak system - yes, I have a Muzak system - needs a bit of expansion, and paging amps run at about $1,000 these days...:duh: )

On that note, did they shutter the Value City Furniture next door, too?  They recently remodeled that store again to look like the new one in Plainfield in the first old Walmart, next to the second old Walmart, which is next to the new Sprawlmart they knocked down an entire neighborhood to build, despite the 100+ acres of land available next to Metropolis Mall...:flaming:

I'm just interested, retailfan...where are you from?  I'm from Mooresville, IN.  Since you mentioned Greenwood, you probably already know where Mooresville is! :yup:

Tyler
Oh yes I do know where Moorsville is  dont get down there much other then occasionaly  come over to the Ponderosa Steakhouse since Greenwoods closed and was torn down for  Carinos

XDeSuEhTX

Tyler

I am from Anderson In but now live in Greenwood
The Valuecity Furniture store is still open
Ive tried to figure out what valuecity was before but havent yet figured that out
I know the Burlington  north of there was Highland appliance and the flower factory was venture then K mart and Target was in County line mall  Im guessing mabe it was Woolco  

Yes, I've heard that Value City Furnature will remain open for some reason.

videogamer75

Value City Furniture is actually owned by a different company (American Signature) then the Value City department stores (Retail Ventures) which is probably why it is staying open.