Malls managing on that might become dying/dead in a couple of years

Started by mixedday, November 09, 2018, 11:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mixedday

With the Bon Ton and Sears closures, are there any malls that will really take a hit in the next two years?

Here in the Philly area, although Sears is closing out of Neshaminy, Oxford Valley and Hamilton (by AC) and a couple of these malls will now have two vacant anchor sites, I don't think either of these three will become like Echelon, Burlington Center or Century III. I'm interested in ones across the country that might?

In Maryland, Marley Station mall has often been shown on youtube (Dan Bell and maybe deadmalls.com). However, it still has macy's, JCPenney and Sears. I'm surprised Maryland (Baltimore area and even towards DC) has fared well with macy's and Sears especially, but maybe macy's will be cutting stores in 2019 in weaker malls in Maryland. Suburban Maryland has been growing faster than the Philly suburbs though in population, but MD has a sales tax on clothing.

Like Marley Station and Security Square, there is in the DC metro side in Gaithersburg, Lakeforest Mall. Anchors are still all there but mall has declined. Interesting youtube video of the Lakeforest Mall:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqCGYmbAvCQ