McDonald's

Started by amesman, January 08, 2005, 03:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whoser

QuoteOriginally posted by gu4ever
The newly remodeled 24-hour McDonalds on route 1 in Saugus, MA.

I love that! our location should remodel to look like that!

Marc82

The 25 year old McDonald's on Asylum Street in Hartford, CT closed down after not renewing its lease. The owner of the building it was housed in recently went into foreclosure.

http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/news11596.html

videogamer75

McDonald's in Vineland, NJ on Delsea Dr.

jmcnamara96

Heres the old one on Bridge Street Lowell Mass torn down recently for a new one
January 28, 1971 Mcdonalds on Bridge St opens

videogamer75

McDonald's in Mt. Laurel, NJ. Click to make picture larger.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

The Solid Gold McDonald's in Greenfield (Milwaukee), Wisconsin.

dmx10101

Is there anything different about a "Solid Gold" McDonald's? I've never seen one of them.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Quote from: dmx10101 on August 22, 2010, 06:34:11 PM
Is there anything different about a "Solid Gold" McDonald's? I've never seen one of them.

Here are more pictures, courtesy of http://thepilver.wordpress.com/2008/10/27/solid-gold-mcdonalds/ The Pilver:

This last one courtesy of AdamL212 at Flickr:

jason83080

311 Midway Boulevard, Elyria, OH - Was the only fully-setup BP/McDonald's combo that I've ever seen. The BP section closed within the last year, leaving just the restaurant portion active. They kept every special ever alive going - 2 Filet-O-Fish for $3.33, 20pc Nuggets for $5, $5 Angus Meals - on a permanent basis to draw in business. They tried to expand into the old Food Mart half by moving a few tables around, but they recently tore the whole thing down. I thought it was gone forever, but it's being reconstructed.

Here's what it looked like in the day via Google Maps, back when gas was $3.79/gallon!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

retailisking

Here's a newly-constructed McDonald's in Littleton, New Hampshire."McDonald\'s Littleton NH"

retailisking

Quote from: ShopKoFan on August 22, 2010, 04:00:29 PM

Looks like the one-of-a-kind Solid Gold McDonald's is headed for the wrecking ball:
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/105083274.html

McDonald's #91, Green Bay, Wisconsin:

Quote from: retailisking on December 01, 2010, 05:53:29 PM
Quote from: ShopKoFan on August 22, 2010, 04:00:29 PM

Looks like the one-of-a-kind Solid Gold McDonald's is headed for the wrecking ball:
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/105083274.html
I really hope for it to be replaced by a '50s-inspired McDonald's, just like the one in Green Bay, instead of those bland "shoeboxes" with gold awnings and that gold swoosh brow over the McDonald's wordmark. And, if they make it a '50s-inspired design, maybe they should incorporate certain deesign aspects of the Solid Gold McDonald's into the new design just for that location. I really hope they move Mac Tonight and his grand piano to the new location.

CTAmeshopper

I've been to a McDonalds that looks really old in Hartford CT it's near The Institute of Living it's on the same street as IOL. It's on Washington Street. I think it was built in either the 70's or 80's I can't really tell. I sometimes go for lunch there.  

CTAmeshopper

They've demolished the old McDonald's in Terryville!

The sign reads they won't open until June. Dang I should've got pictures before they demolished it! It was old and 70's like it had a white fence with globe lights! IT WAS OLD!!!! :o

retailisking

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: CTAmeshopper on May 07, 2011, 05:23:07 PM

The sign reads they won't open until June. Dang I should've got pictures before they demolished it! It was old and 70's like it had a white fence with globe lights! IT WAS OLD!!!! :o

I had heard rumors this was happening. Didn't know they got the approval to do this. Wow.

Pikapower

Here's a McDonald's in Amherst, NY that was remodeled to look like a 1960s McDonald's

I'm on Devianart: https://pikachuxash.deviantart.com/

Don't forget to check out the USA Store Fanon Wiki: https://usastorefanon.fandom.com/wiki/USA_Store_Fanon_Wikia

ynkeesfn82

Quote from: CTAmeshopper on May 07, 2011, 05:23:07 PM

The new Terryville, CT McDonald's opened several weeks ago. There's even a billboard for it on Route 6 in Bristol just past the intersection with Burlington Ave. It's now open 24 hours.

ynkeesfn82

The Bristol, CT McDonald's on Route 6 across from The Bristol Plaza is undergoing a major exterior renovation. I'll see if I can snag a picture or two.

ynkeesfn82

The McDonald's on Queen Street in Southington, Connecticut is getting an extreme make-over. When they did a remodel a few years back there were a lot of problems and they got a lot worse.

ynkeesfn82

Here's the new look of the McDonald's on Queen Street. Photo taken from the parking lot of Shoprite Plaza across the street. A lot of people on the "You know you're from Southington" Facebook Group don't like the new look.

Bristol McDonald's across from Stop & Shop Plaza got a similar new look. I tried to take a picture from the plaza next door, but some butt-head in a red SUV parked right where I was trying to take the shot from. (And why couldn't MC'D's be closed in Bristol like BK was?)

TRJ_22487

Many of the 1970's era classic roof McDonald's are getting that type of remodel last year/this year. The one in my town of Keene NH now looks similar to this as well.

I went to McDonald's today, and SpongeBob SquarePants Happy Meals have arrived!

The McDonald's in Roswell, New Mexico is UFO-themed, since Roswell was the home of the 1947 Roswell UFO Incident.

Here it is:

(The "UFO" portion of the building houses a Play Place)

ynkeesfn82

Attention everyone:

The McDonald's on the corner of Riverside Avenue and North Main Street in Bristol, Conn on the Depot Square Property (formerly Mall-at-Bristol-Centre) will be torn down by the end of this year. This is the one with the famous "M" shaped bushes. This McDonald's will be relocated to the other end of the Depot Square Property roughly where the Discount Food Outlet (former Fianst) once stood next to Dunkin' Donuts. Construction on the new McDonald's is supposed to begin in September and completed by the end of November.

JimSawhill

Quote from: TRJ_22487 on April 11, 2012, 04:15:01 PM
Many of the 1970's era classic roof McDonald's are getting that type of remodel last year/this year. The one in my town of Keene NH now looks similar to this as well.

I hate the new McDonald's look!! It doesn't look like what a McD's SHOULD be!!

I live near a McDonald's restaurant with the current retro (1950s-inspired) design in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

TRJ_22487

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogrGmkWCBKw

Here is an amazing video I found on Youtube filmed by a then young man working at the Peabody, Massachusetts location on April 20th, 1975

TRJ_22487

Bump, I thought this video was spectacular, especially as a lifelong New Englander, and being legitimate "home footage" and not a corporate video.