Party City

Started by Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill), July 06, 2018, 01:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Party City is a chain of party supply stores found across the United States.

Other brands owned by Party City include Halloween City pop-up stores and the new Toy City stores, which will be introduced this year in response to the death of Toys "R" Us.

In the past, Party City acquired another party supply retailer, Factory Card Outlet/Factory Card & Party Outlet.

Discuss.

giantsfan2016

They merged or bought i-Party a few years ago. The one in the ShopRite Plaza on Queen Street in Southington, CT is small at around 8,400 square feet. That location goes back to a store called The Big Party which became i-Party.

Smaller than the Southington location, the Waterbury, CT location is around 7,500 square feet. It's located in on Wolcott Road in the Naugatuck Valley Shopping Center. It previously was an independent party shop, I think. There were two other locations of that party shop

Bristol, Connecticut. The location of Party City in the Bristol Commons didn't last very long. The Bristol store dated back to an independent shop called Party Plus an off shoot of the store with the same name in Wolcott. Party Plus was located in The Annex Building of Bristol Commons. Olympia Sports, which had taken over space from Herman's World of Sports in the Bristol Commons took Party Plus's space. The old Olympia Sports became a short lived Party City. After Party City closed in Bristol, the 5,000 square feet of the store became Citi Bank for around 18 months. Planet Fitness expanded into the rear portion of the former Party City Space. In 2015 Planet Fitness took the remaining former Party City Space.

Bristol has no party supply store. If you want party supplies you buy them either at Dollar Tree, Hobby Lobby, or Walmart. There was also an independent party shop that has since closed in an old fire house on Route 6 in Bristol called KC's Party Shop.