Lincoln Plaza Meriden, Connecticut sold to U-haul

Started by giantsfan2016, August 07, 2019, 06:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

Lincoln Plaza, a small plaza anchored by Save-a-Lot and Dollar General on West Main Street in Meriden, CT has been bought by U-haul. The newspaper got it wrong. It used to be Dollar Express, but now it's Dollar General.

FROM MYRECORDJOURNAL.COM

U-Haul buys Meriden plaza for $2.7M

MERIDEN â€" Lincoln Plaza, 311 W. Main St., sold earlier this year to Amerco Real Estate Co. the parent company of U-Haul for $2.7 million.

The 70,084-square-foot plaza is anchored by Save-A-Lot grocery store and Dollar Express but has 33,630 square feet of vacant space. The 50-year-old plaza sits on 5 acres and was owned by MSCI 2007-IQ16 Retail 380 LLC,

Representatives from Amerco Real Estate, of Phoenix, Arizona could not be reached for comment.

In fiscal 2019, U-Haul brought 5,300,000 net rentable square feet of storage online, mostly through adaptive reuse, according to a company statement.

U-haul plans to continue adding more self-storage facilities this year, the statement said.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Brammy on August 07, 2019, 06:29:34 PM
Lincoln Plaza, a small plaza anchored by Save-a-Lot and Dollar General on West Main Street in Meriden, CT has been bought by U-haul. The newspaper got it wrong. It used to be Dollar Express, but now it's Dollar General.

FROM MYRECORDJOURNAL.COM

MERIDEN â€" Lincoln Plaza, 311 W. Main St., sold earlier this year to Amerco Real Estate Co. the parent company of U-Haul for $2.7 million.

The 70,084-square-foot plaza is anchored by Save-A-Lot grocery store and Dollar Express but has 33,630 square feet of vacant space. The 50-year-old plaza sits on 5 acres and was owned by MSCI 2007-IQ16 Retail 380 LLC,

Representatives from Amerco Real Estate, of Phoenix, Arizona could not be reached for comment.

In fiscal 2019, U-Haul brought 5,300,000 net rentable square feet of storage online, mostly through adaptive reuse, according to a company statement.

U-haul plans to continue adding more self-storage facilities this year, the statement said.

What was the 33.000 square Foot...was it Railroad Salvage?

giantsfan2016

Quote from: JimSawhill on August 10, 2019, 11:05:35 AM

FROM MYRECORDJOURNAL.COM

I'm not sure what it was. Aside from Save-a-Lot, I'm not familiar with Lincoln Plaza, but it was not Railroad Salvage. Railroad Salvage was in Centennial Plaza in the former Zayre/Ames. That spot is still vacant.

JimSawhill

Quote from: Brammy on August 11, 2019, 03:58:10 AM

FROM MYRECORDJOURNAL.COM

I'm not sure what it was. Aside from Save-a-Lot, I'm not familiar with Lincoln Plaza, but it was not Railroad Salvage. Railroad Salvage was in Centennial Plaza in the former Zayre/Ames. That spot is still vacant.

Thanks...I should call the Meriden Public Library and see if they have a city directory from 1990. Barker's was on East Main which became a Zayre and Ames... I wonder what there now...Colony Ford was next to it...

giantsfan2016

Quote from: JimSawhill on August 17, 2019, 03:53:19 PM

FROM MYRECORDJOURNAL.COM

Thanks...I should call the Meriden Public Library and see if they have a city directory from 1990. Barker's was on East Main which became a Zayre and Ames... I wonder what there now...Colony Ford was next to it...

The Plaza on East Main where Ames was The Meriden Parkade was partially demolished. A Lowe's was built, but it closed after being open less than 5 years. The plaza is now owned by Ocean State Job Lot. Colony Ford closed and is now a J.D. Byrider used car franchise owned by brother and sister Jeff and Jill Merriam. They own Key Hyundai in Miford and Manchester and the new Key Chevrolet in Middletown, which replaced Jackson Chevrolet. Jill does the commercials on the radio. She's the "dealer for the people."

This is the leasing brochure for The Meriden Parkade. https://www.oceanstatejoblot.com/file/general/325_Meriden_Flyer.pdf

JimSawhill

Quote from: Brammy on August 17, 2019, 05:46:51 PM

FROM MYRECORDJOURNAL.COM

The Plaza on East Main where Ames was The Meriden Parkade was partially demolished. A Lowe's was built, but it closed after being open less than 5 years. The plaza is now owned by Ocean State Job Lot. Colony Ford closed and is now a J.D. Byrider used car franchise owned by brother and sister Jeff and Jill Merriam. They own Key Hyundai in Miford and Manchester and the new Key Chevrolet in Middletown, which replaced Jackson Chevrolet. Jill does the commercials on the radio. She's the "dealer for the people."

This is the leasing brochure for The Meriden Parkade. https://www.oceanstatejoblot.com/file/general/325_Meriden_Flyer.pdf

Thanks for the info. Lowe's closed after 5 years? No business from the area? When I was 1 I moved to Meriden and Barker's was the closet place to shop. We lived near the golf course.  I lived there until I was 5.

giantsfan2016

Quote from: JimSawhill on August 19, 2019, 01:18:02 PM
Quote from: Brammy on August 17, 2019, 05:46:51 PM

FROM MYRECORDJOURNAL.COM

Thanks for the info. Lowe's closed after 5 years? No business from the area? When I was 1 I moved to Meriden and Barker's was the closet place to shop. We lived near the golf course.  I lived there until I was 5.

They realized it was too close to their store on Route 5 in Wallingford.