Walmart bashing

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmx10101

Oh how I love Winn Dixie, and tht has nothing to do with me working for them for 5 years. They are a good company and they try.
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Kmart4life

I agree with you, although I do not work there I shop there religiously.

Caldor1999

the stuff wal mart sells at its super stores isent really that good for u they have low grade meet and they do not have the frshist veggys and fruts so idk why people would ever byy food from there
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
the stuff wal mart sells at its super stores isent really that good for u they have low grade meet and they do not have the frshist veggys and fruts so idk why people would ever byy food from there

Nonperishables. Like I said before, it's the prices. Most of the stuff that I buy there is nonperishable. The only perishable stuff I buy there is the packaged meats, such as Hillshire Farm or other Name brand products. The same stuff that I would find in my store. Actually, we noticed our Centerstore sales dropped immensely compared to that of the Produce and Meat Departments when Wal Mart opened nearby. It was because of the reason you gave. People want the Freshest. But with Nonperishables, it's all about saving the most bucks.

Kmart4life

Wal-Mart has a superstore in Auburndale Fl. that stays so damn packed with people and junk that I will travel out of my way to go somewhere else to shop. I wish they would file Chapter11 and GOB.

Kmart4life

Against my better judgement I went to Wal-mart today and got run over by some Moron immigrant with a cart. Just like any Wal-mart ther was a million rude @$$ people in a frenzy over cheap crappy merchandise. And not to mention that this is a super center and they have 36 checkout lanes with only 4 being operated, by rude obnoxious people. I will just stay home next time or go to Kmart. Atleast you shop at Kmart without getting run over. God how I wish Ames was still here!:flaming:

C. Fontaine

Kmart4life

Hddfan135

The xbox 360 demo screen thingies at my local Wal-mart NEVER WORK! :barf:

Crawford

I think it is hilarious to watch all the immigrant children fighting over who gets to play the demo for the video games. They always break them and jabber on like  it is up to Walmart to provide entertainment. Gods I hate this store more and more. Never have this happening in Target
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

Kmart4life

Hddfan135

Went to walmart again today, and...

THE DEMOS ARE YET AGAIN BROKEN! YES, BROKEN! :flaming::flaming::exorcist:

And I just remembered this: One day while I went to their bathroom, a very unpleasant sight came to my eyes. In one of the stalls there was a whole bunch of (You don't wanna know) Splattered on the floor and wa....Excuse me for a sec...

*Gets barf bag*

NASTY :barf::barf:

Target time! Target: The new caldor! Though the real caldor will never be forgotten

GothicPrincess

I shop at my walmart on an almost daily basis. It's open 24/7, has decent selection (in MY area anyway) and has self-checkout open from 7am-midnight or so. I prefer the self-checkout because then I don't deal with rude people bagging all my stuff wrong. This one is ALOT cleaner than the other one that was here. They took down the old walmart to put in a SAM's Club, and took down the old abandoned Greengate Mall to put in the Walmart supercenter. With it came Jo-Ann Fabrics, Payless, Panera Bread, Petco, Red Robin, Starbucks, and about 20 other smaller stores. If it was closed in, it could be a mall. By the SAM's Club is Staples, Dollar Tree (which moved from it's small store space to a much larger one), H&R Block (I go there every year to do my taxes), and Marshalls. They left the McDonalds by SAM's Club, but inside the Walmart Supercenter is a McDonalds. So either way, if you want to sit down, either is good, if you want the drive thru, then just drive less than 5 minutes and there you go. I have some friends that work there and they tell me all the time that the company is S**t. They treat their people like crap which in turn makes them treat customers like crap. One friend in Texas is suing Walmart because while he was working there, he got hurt because of them and now they won't pay his medical bills or his leave of absence. I will never work there. I did try, I'm not afraid to admit it, but they wouldn't call me back, and I've been in retail on and off for 13 years. I've run every department in a grocery store plus I sold furniture at Big Lots for a year and a half. I'm more than qualified. But one of my friends that works up here looked for my file and he said there are 3, the call, the maybe, and the HAHAHAHAHA no file. The last file is locked, and he couldn't find my file, so I'm assuming it was in THAT particular file box. Stupid losers. They lost out on a hard worker who unloaded trucks for a year in Florida heat for Winn Dixie...I like walking around Walmart, just to look but when it comes to buying stuff, I do have issues with clothing, either it's way too big or way too small. Nothing in my particular size. I'm not a size 0, nor am I a size 28. And waiting in the ONLY register for cigarettes is horrendous, and I can get them cheaper at Sheetz (gas station), or Sunoco. Trust me, if you HAVE to shop at Walmart, try to use the self-serve lanes and bag your own stuff, they always crush my bread. The menu isn't hard to figure out unless you're a flaming retard, and I have an over-abundance of THOSE in my town...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!!
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

Hddfan135

I just got the time to see wal-mart: High cost of low prices.

It is just simple horrible Horrible HORRIBLE what wal-mart is doing to small towns and stores. Caldor, Montgomery ward, Woolworth, woolco, Zayre, And don't forget ames, all turned into wal-mart food! :o Eating up these small, friendly, pretty shops and squashing them like bugs, and putting a big boring box stocked with cheap items. :flaming: :flaming:

Pitiful, just pitiful. :(

Edit: Sprawl-mart's fertilizer also pollutes drinking water! Who do they think they are?

Kmart4life

It is aweful very aweful.

XISMZERO

Isn't this getting old? Wal-Mart is successful and they've lived through decades to earn that success. They have been around just as long (or almost) as all the retail chains you claim have lost to Wal-Mart. I think you need to do some research before claiming Wal-Mart "squashed" everyone unfairly - they succeeded because they offer what people overwhelmingly want. No one is forcing you to shop Wal-Mart. Don't force anyone not too.

Seriously, some of you really need to get over your blind, deranged and often mouth-foaming hatred for Wal-Mart. In America, we live in a free-market, competitive system. If you can't compete, you're out! That's why Caldor and Wards are dead. Apart from slipshod business practices and overzealousness, they eventually couldn't compete and failed.

Stop crapping on Wal-Mart because people willingly give their dollars to the company for offering a selection and affordable prices to people willing to pay them. If you don't like them, don't shop there and go support Target, their direct competition, who is not much different than Wal-Mart (their practices are avoided by the Wal-Mart haters) or another retailer.

On an additional note, what would you if one of the dead retailers reigned as the #1 retailer? When a newcomer arrives (if ever?) to threaten Wal-Mart, will you then target them?
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

Kmart4life

The documentary is proof itself!

Kmart4life

People who's family hve put 30 even 40 years into a business are squashed with no where to go. If it were me I sure as hell would not want them in my town. They are owend by the richest family in the world who seems to me like they are very greedy. Because they can't take care of there employees very well and they take out every small business they encounter.:mad::mad::mad:

powersbt

XISMZERO,
You made a lot of great points in what you said. I laugh when I see some of the thought processes that go on with some of the people on this board. Yet, tell me that they never shop at Wal Mart.

You see BS about "all of their stuff being junk", and I defend that by saying that I do my Grocery Shopping there picking up Name Brand items there that are cheaper in price than the Supermarket that I work at!! Comeon, I have $50.00 for Groceries. Am I going to go to the place where I can stretch it most?? Of course!! And does it not make sense that I am taking part of my Paycheck each month, and going next door to the Competitor to spend it?? You know what, that's how the real world works!! You have to survive somehow, and you do what you have to to make the most of it.

I hesitate to say much on any of these Department Store Bashing threads. Actually, I take that back. I don't bash any of the stores. Know why?? Whose to say that these stores don't happen to lurk on this board, and read these things?? Anybody ever wonder if the statements that they make on here could be used against them someday??

So, here I am usually sitting here defending the store even though I may have never shopped there, or falsifying the person's bash, because it just does not make any logical sense at all.

dmx10101

QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO
Isn't this getting old? Wal-Mart is successful and they've lived through decades to earn that success. They have been around just as long (or almost) as all the retail chains you claim have lost to Wal-Mart. I think you need to do some research before claiming Wal-Mart "squashed" everyone unfairly - they succeeded because they offer what people overwhelmingly want. No one is forcing you to shop Wal-Mart. Don't force anyone not too.

Seriously, some of you really need to get over your blind, deranged and often mouth-foaming hatred for Wal-Mart. In America, we live in a free-market, competitive system. If you can't compete, you're out! That's why Caldor and Wards are dead. Apart from slipshod business practices and overzealousness, they eventually couldn't compete and failed.

Stop crapping on Wal-Mart because people willingly give their dollars to the company for offering a selection and affordable prices to people willing to pay them. If you don't like them, don't shop there and go support Target, their direct competition, who is not much different than Wal-Mart (their practices are avoided by the Wal-Mart haters) or another retailer.

On an additional note, what would you if one of the dead retailers reigned as the #1 retailer? When a newcomer arrives (if ever?) to threaten Wal-Mart, will you then target them?

I wouldn't target a newcomer that threatens Wal-Mart. There are very few companies I don't like. My beef with Wal-Mart is from working there. They treat their employees badly and are extremely cheap to them. Their businesses practices are shoddy and dishonest and I don't support that. I admit I shop there some, but that doesn't mean I have to like them a lot.
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by dmx10101
QuoteOriginally posted by XISMZERO

I wouldn't target a newcomer that threatens Wal-Mart. There are very few companies I don't like. My beef with Wal-Mart is from working there. They treat their employees badly and are extremely cheap to them. Their businesses practices are shoddy and dishonest and I don't support that. I admit I shop there some, but that doesn't mean I have to like them a lot.

i have to say he makes a good point whitch is why idd rather go to target or eve kmart wal mart may be cheep but there products suck and there just crappy idd rather pay more for something that will last u will end u saveing money so thats pretty much my way of protesteing the less money they get the better idc if people shop there
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Kmart4life

DMX10101 & Caldor1999 make good points and I would pay a little extra for a product that is going to last for a longtime. As for grocery shopping there I don't have an issue with that because my Wife goes and gets stuff to make for dinner once in a while. The  point that I am trying make is that Walmart needs to step up a little. Publix has them beat when it comes to customer service, they are there to answer your beck & call. If the shelves are empty they will go and get what you need. Walmart has nothing like that and alot of the time you cannot find someone to help you. The other thing is their employees are grouchy because of the way they are treated. My wife & I were there the other day and the manager was yelling rudely at some employees over something, now I understand why Walmart employees hate there jobs. Finally if they would find more quality products it would be a better place to shop. As much as I hate Walmart I do go there with my wife because sometimes it is more convenient at times and we do find good bargains.

Kmart4life

Changing their practices would do wonders!

Kmart4life

What a joke!

Wal-Mart Introduces First New Slogan in 19 Years (Update4)

By Lauren Coleman-Lochner

Sept. 12 (Bloomberg) -- Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the world's largest retailer, introduced the first new companywide slogan in 19 years, promoting the benefits of low prices as it seeks to boost slowing sales.

The motto, ``Save Money. Live Better,'' appears in television advertisements starting today and then in print, on store receipts and shopping bags, spokeswoman Melissa O'Brien said in an interview. It replaces ``Always Low Prices.''

Wal-Mart wants to highlight its appeal as a low-price retailer after earlier attempts to woo shoppers with advertising taglines such as ``Look Beyond the Basics'' in 2006 failed to lure shoppers. Sales at stores open at least a year rose 2.1 percent last year, the least since the company began reporting the data in 1980.

``Now you're not only emphasizing low prices, you're also emphasizing a good value and improvements in your lifestyle,'' said Steven Baumgarten, an analyst at PNC Wealth Management in Philadelphia, with $77 billion in assets including Wal-Mart shares. ``At the end of the day, it's going to come down to what consumers see in the store when they go in there.''

The slogan was developed by all of Wal-Mart's agencies including Interpublic Group of Co.'s Martin Agency, the lead firm hired by Wal-Mart in January. It's based on research by consulting firm Global Insight Inc., which estimates Wal-Mart saved households $2,500 last year.

Road Trip

In one of the two commercials, a family pulls out of a Wal- Mart parking lot and embarks on a road trip to Florida. In the other, a father and son with Wal-Mart bags in the back seat of their pickup pull into a used-car lot so the son can inspect a red sports car.

Wal-Mart hired Martin to replace Interpublic's DraftFCB, the firm selected by former advertising chief Julie Roehm. Wal- Mart fired Roehm in December and dropped DraftFCB three days later.

Roehm sued the retailer for breach of contract and fraud, and Wal-Mart countersued, claiming Roehm had an affair with a subordinate and took gifts from Draft when it was seeking Wal- Mart's business. A federal judge in Michigan dismissed Roehm's suit last month, finding she should have filed the case in Arkansas.

Wal-Mart fell 23 cents to $42.71 at 4:33 p.m. in New York Stock Exchange composite trading. The stock has declined 7.5 percent this year.

To contact the reporter on this story: Lauren Coleman-Lochner in New York at llochner@bloomberg.net .

Last Updated: September 12, 2007 17:25 EDT

Kmart4life

Just a reminder go to google and look for "The High Cost Of Low Prices" a documentary about walmart. Alot of people would change their minds about walmart after seeing it.

dmx10101

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre2
Just a reminder go to google and look for "The High Cost Of Low Prices" a documentary about walmart. Alot of people would change their minds about walmart after seeing it.

I have that movie. It was an interesting watch.
Retail World on Youtube
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

Kmart4life

Yes it was very interesting, and now we know how they treat employees.

Kmart4life

Went to Walmart yesterday and I can can say that they are imploding. It is bad when you go to a regular store or a super center that is busy and you have 2 registers running with people standing in the isles waiting up to 20 minutes to get checked out. What is bad is that they never once called for any additional cashiers. This Store is useless and I really think that if things don't change walmart will be on a collision course straight to chapter 11 and department store hell.

Kmart4life

They have changed their logo and motto, now they need to change their business practices and clean up their stores. If they are going to sell groceries they try to model themselves to be like Publix and have better customer service.:goodidea:

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre2

That movie is on Comcast On Demand for free I watched it the other day.