It's May 2018

Started by giantsfan2016, May 01, 2018, 08:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantsfan2016

Can you believe that is May 2018 already? The weather here in Connecticut has finally turned nice. Unfortunately for me I continue to be unemployed and have been for 18 months now. I'm don't like admitting how old I'm going to be (because most people think I look younger), but I'm going to be 36 on the 23rd of this month. A friend and former co-worker of mine who is in his fifties told me the local Walmart is hiring cart guys and that I should apply and call them. I don't really know if I want to be a 36 year old cart guy even if my friend is in his fifties and is a cart guy. I really should be up to taking any job at this point, but I'm sick so sick of dealing with shopping carts. Being outside in all kinds of weather - the heat, the humidity, the rain, the snow. Dealing with idiot drivers who don't pay attention. Not to mention I'm in a lot of debt and there's some stuff I want to do.

I'm also struggling to lose weight. My doctor wants me to get down to 260 pounds by my next appointment at the end of June. He says it will really help with a health issue I have. I can probably lose the weight if I put my mind to it, but I eat a lot of the wrong stuff. It's just 20 pounds. I think eventually he's going to want me to get down to 240. He originally said 225, but said he'd be happy if I can get down to 240. I have been trying to walk an hour to an hour and a half a day, but the weather has been so crappy that sometimes I only get in a half hour walk if I can get one in at all. - I'm also jealous of another friend of mine who lost 35 pounds in just over a month. (Not to mention some weight he lost last year). Of course all his life he was really skinny. It wasn't until after he and his husband got married that he got up up to 350 pounds. I on the other hand have been a big guy all my life. Going back to 2007 I was 360 pounds. Today I'm 280. (I was 270 until I got fired from Stop and Shop).

busman_49

It's about time that this cold weather went away!

I also can't believe we are in May.  1/3 of 2018 is already gone and it feels like it was just Thanksgiving!

I hear you about the weight loss thing.  The doctor has wanted me to lose at least 20 lbs. for over a year now...it hasn't happened (in fact, I think I gained 10-15) due to the general stresses and happenings of life where making a decent meal isn't always practical or convenient.  UGH!

TheFugitive

Saturday night - Was helping a friend clear some things out of her late mother's house.  Wind was howling with temperature in the mid-30's.

Yesterday - Sunny and humid with high temp of 85.

Crazy!