Discuss!

GV Woody.

storehistoryguy

1990 Yugo Cabrio.

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

storehistoryguy

HoJofan206

I never knew they made a convertible Yugo.  Did they sell that version here in the states? :huh:

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
I never knew they made a convertible Yugo.  Did they sell that version here in the states? :huh:

Yes, thats it.

Jag67

heheh..people used to call them "The first disposable car". I was reading how one guy took it for a test drive. The whole radio fell out of the dash when he touched it and they had to push against the side of the car on turns. Hey, they were only like $3800 or something like that

storehistoryguy

The new Yugo (200?)

storehistoryguy

HoJofan206

If those last two pics are of a modern day Yugo the car had progressed nicely.  When I was in HS I had a neighbor buy a 1990 Yugo and she paid almost $6000 for it.  My dad laughed and said, "$6000?  Did you get the Yugo with a radio in it?"  :insane::insane::insane::insane::insane:

storehistoryguy

QuoteOriginally posted by HoJofan206
If those last two pics are of a modern day Yugo the car had progressed nicely.  When I was in HS I had a neighbor buy a 1990 Yugo and she paid almost $6000 for it.  My dad laughed and said, "$6000?  Did you get the Yugo with a radio in it?"  :insane::insane::insane::insane::insane:

Yes, they are the newer ones but they aren't sold in America. Only in Europe and Africa. I like the original ones much better.

HoJofan206

What years were the Yugo's sold in the U.S. market.  I recall it being around 1989 to 1991 or so.  :huh:

Ameskid

No, I have a car guide dating back to '86 and the yugo GL is included. It sold for $3,990 back in the day.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

storehistoryguy

It was about 1986-1990 I believe. Yugo of America had gone bankrupt and they were selling 1990 in 1991 new.

store215

Well, we have chinese cars coming to the U.S in the next few years...they may be the next "yugo"