Who was that masked man?

Started by TheFugitive, August 23, 2019, 09:57:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFugitive

Logged on late yesterday and saw that a new member had gone berserk creating threads.
His handle was DiscoFriscoBunkoBiscuit or something.  A rash of other new posters had joined
in (who were all probably the same guy). 

This morning those threads and posters are all gone so I guess they somehow did not pass
the smell test.  Nice job by the mods reacting to that.

TheFugitive

Yinz all signed up today between 10:36 and 10:42 AM.   ???

Jon_TheBarber

no idea what that was but glad it is over
Live Mas

giantsfan2016

Quote from: TheFugitive on August 23, 2019, 09:57:44 AM
Logged on late yesterday and saw that a new member had gone berserk creating threads.
His handle was DiscoFriscoBunkoBiscuit or something.  A rash of other new posters had joined

This morning those threads and posters are all gone so I guess they somehow did not pass

I discovered this crap when I logged onto the site Thursday evening after I got home from work. I deleted the members and their posts. Then I saw they came back again today Friday. Again I deleted the members and their posts. Some were even racial and political in nature. I don't know who approved their memberships. I also changed the verification questions last night.

In all the years I've been running the board for Chris I never encountered anything like that before. 99.8% of the time this site runs itself and I don't need to do anything on the board except post new topics and respond to other topics. Most of the time the members here are well behaved.

TheFugitive

Yeah I've been here quite a few years and had never seen it before either.
Sorry they are making all this extra work for you.

Jon_TheBarber

so strange.  I am an active user on Retail Regents forum and similar thing going on over there too..
Live Mas

Claudioreturns

Quote from: Brammy on August 23, 2019, 02:18:40 PM

I discovered this crap when I logged onto the site Thursday evening after I got home from work. I deleted the members and their posts. Then I saw they came back again today Friday. Again I deleted the members and their posts. Some were even racial and political in nature. I don't know who approved their memberships. I also changed the verification questions last night.

In all the years I've been running the board for Chris I never encountered anything like that before. 99.8% of the time this site runs itself and I don't need to do anything on the board except post new topics and respond to other topics. Most of the time the members here are well behaved.

You have now modded TWO of my accounts here and several of my threads. None of which were racial or political.

I posted one thread about my local Ames location that was recently gutted after being a Bob's stores for 15 years.

I posted another thread about Store 24 vs. White Hen Pantry

I posted a thread about my favorite album in the music forum

you modded all three.

Why?

That's not moderating, that's indiscriminately deleting users.

giantsfan2016

Quote from: Claudioreturns on August 23, 2019, 05:47:37 PM

You have now modded TWO of my accounts here and several of my threads. None of which were racial or political.

I posted one thread about my local Ames location that was recently gutted after being a Bob's stores for 15 years.

you modded all three.

Why?

Chris put me in charge of this site something like 9 years ago. I never had any problems until you and your f.u.c.k.i.n.g loser friends came along. You know what? You assholes can keep this f.u.c.k.i.n.g message board. I'm done. I'm f.u.c.k.i.n.g done.

Claudioreturns

Quote from: giantsfan2016 on August 23, 2019, 06:08:55 PM
Quote from: Claudioreturns on August 23, 2019, 05:47:37 PM

Dude you’re in charge of “AmesFanClub” forum and having a meltdown over people actually using it. Where were you when 13 year old boys were posting pictures with strange men with shopping cart fetishes, slick? Calling other people names... You prob can’t even skate you bendah

you modded all three.

Why?

Chris put me in charge of this site something like 9 years ago. I never had any problems until you and your f.u.c.k.i.n.g loser friends came along. You know what? You assholes can keep this f.u.c.k.i.n.g message board. I'm done. I'm f.u.c.k.i.n.g done.

Claudioreturns

Dude you’re in charge of “AmesFanClub” forum and having a meltdown over people actually using it. Where were you when 13 year old boys were posting pictures with strange men with shopping cart fetishes, slick? Calling other people names... You prob can’t even skate you bendah

O0

riickyyyspaaaaniiiish

I love this website, my account was removed yesterday but I am not mad, I am glad to be able to join it again I hope this time I don't get removed again. If you look at what I am posting you will see it is not negative. I miss a lot of old stores and this website is amazing.

O0
misses spags