Papa Gino's

Started by C. Fontaine, April 08, 2005, 10:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwefan101

yea and i like how they changed to coca cola

Marc82

Randy's Wooster Street Pizza - Queen Street Southington was once Papa Gino's. Nothing has changed since 2006 when I posted my first picture of it. This former Papa Gino's along with the one in Bristol became Brugger's Bagels which closed after only a couple years. The Bristol location is now Aspen Dental.

coolbabes

Does anyone know of any outdated Papa Gino's?  Bedford, NH is a perfect example but I'm looking for more for a little project I'm working on :)

Zayre88

Quote from: coolbabes on May 15, 2010, 04:32:49 PM
Does anyone know of any outdated Papa Gino's?  Bedford, NH is a perfect example but I'm looking for more for a little project I'm working on :)

Rochester NH (Lilac Mall) is similar to Bedford's location.

Zayre88

Papa Gino's in Seabrook NH

Bdubs

Papa Gino's in Waterford, CT closed for good in June of '12.  No idea why, it was a newer stand alone building with a D'Angelo and Papa Gino's combined.  Thought it was odd, it was always fairly busy.
Just drove by Papa Gino's in Norwich and found that one has closed as well!  I believe this happened only a couple weeks ago.  That location has been open since the late 60's.  I never ate there, but it had to have been doing something right to stay open that long.  Anyone know of any other locations which recently shuttered up?

retailisking

The D'Angelo near me somehow manages to stay open even though their parking lot is always empty whenever I drive by. I don't get it...

Zayre88

Quote from: retailisking on January 24, 2013, 07:24:49 PM
The D'Angelo near me somehow manages to stay open even though their parking lot is always empty whenever I drive by. I don't get it...

They do always look empty.  Could it be mostly a drive-through business?

retailisking

I think that whatever business they get is lunch-oriented and their rents are probably grandfathered. The D'Angelo locations nearest to me haven't been substantially remodeled in decades. In fact, the one nearest to me had a street sign heavily damaged in a wind storm and went unrepaired for months.

Bdubs

Many, or should I say what D'Angelo's that are left in the area here have been remodeled to the brown paint scheme, with newer logo.  I believe this changed a while ago from their original green paint scheme.  But, they are way behind in competing with Subway.  Almost as if they aren't even on that same level.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love a D'angelo's steak and cheese, but they haven't changed their menu in forever, and Subway finds a way to re-invent something every month. 
I would have to say Papa Gino's is on that same level.  Domino's and Pizza Hut continue new items, but I have never seen Papa Gino's do a marketing blitz or anything. 

Also, regarding Norwich Papa Gino's, a Hot n' Ready Little Caesars opened RIGHT next door, I am not sure if this did anything to cause the closure, but it couldn't have helped them any.

Lastdaysofrain

A place constantly reinventing their menu makes it seem like their food isn't very good to me. They need to constantly change it and entice people in.

Papa Gino's makes great pizza and is by far the best of the chains. The Dominos and Papa John's of the world constantly need gimmicks and "new" items to get people to come in and try their mediocre food again.