Any idea what this is?

Started by Retail Regents, December 08, 2019, 02:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retail Regents

As the Schenectady Job Lot continues to pile in various carts, here's an interesting one: cart doesn't look to be an American one, and is quite large. A badge on the bottom appears to read "Creative Wire."

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

Quote from: Retail Regents on December 08, 2019, 02:37:36 PM
As the Schenectady Job Lot continues to pile in various carts, here's an interesting one: cart doesn't look to be an American one, and is quite large. A badge on the bottom appears to read "Creative Wire."

They look like the carts found at Walmart Supercenters.

Retail Regents

Quote from: ShopKoFan on December 10, 2019, 03:10:56 PM
Quote from: Retail Regents on December 08, 2019, 02:37:36 PM

They look like the carts found at Walmart Supercenters.

You sure about that? The typical Wal-Mart SuperCenter cart is either a Unarco M90ZX or Technibilt 6940. Neither of which this resembles.

BillyGr

No idea specifically which store, but looking closely at the handle with that hole on the customer's right (left as you look at the photo) makes one think it may have been a store that had one of those cart locks where you put in a quarter to get the cart and then get it back when it is returned?

So that may help lead to some ideas of stores that used those at one point or another over the years.

Retail Regents

Quote from: BillyGr on December 11, 2019, 07:37:46 PM
No idea specifically which store, but looking closely at the handle with that hole on the customer's right (left as you look at the photo) makes one think it may have been a store that had one of those cart locks where you put in a quarter to get the cart and then get it back when it is returned?

So that may help lead to some ideas of stores that used those at one point or another over the years.

Interestingly it resembles a cart that I photographed a while back in the Salvation Army in Hudson, which had a similar cart, but had information on the lower plates which is not present on this one. This OSJL one also has a handle, which the one in the SA had it removed.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XP4HTS5AK4s/XIXmqLwsSJI/AAAAAAAAFns/R3cufpK2ynYhtjJo9Rz-BUFXpDTSNRiHACLcBGAs/s1600/981.jpg

Retail Regents

Quote from: Retail Regents on December 11, 2019, 11:30:40 PM
Quote from: BillyGr on December 11, 2019, 07:37:46 PMNo idea specifically which store, but looking closely at the handle with that hole on the customer's right (left as you look at the photo) makes one think it may have been a store that had one of those cart locks where you put in a quarter to get the cart and then get it back when it is returned?

Interestingly it resembles a cart that I photographed a while back in the Salvation Army in Hudson, which had a similar cart, but had information on the lower plates which is not present on this one. This OSJL one also has a handle, which the one in the SA had it removed.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XP4HTS5AK4s/XIXmqLwsSJI/AAAAAAAAFns/R3cufpK2ynYhtjJo9Rz-BUFXpDTSNRiHACLcBGAs/s1600/981.jpg

EDIT: I found out through another store that had them that were former ALDI Foods units! The pathetic handle inserts OSJL stuck over them are so poorly fitting I twisted them upside down to reveal the ALDI Foods logo on the handle.

BillyGr

Quote from: Retail Regents on March 25, 2022, 11:19:19 PM
Quote from: Retail Regents on December 11, 2019, 11:30:40 PM
Quote from: BillyGr on December 11, 2019, 07:37:46 PMNo idea specifically which store, but looking closely at the handle with that hole on the customer's right (left as you look at the photo) makes one think it may have been a store that had one of those cart locks where you put in a quarter to get the cart and then get it back when it is returned?

EDIT: I found out through another store that had them that were former ALDI Foods units! The pathetic handle inserts OSJL stuck over them are so poorly fitting I twisted them upside down to reveal the ALDI Foods logo on the handle.

And that makes perfect sense, as Aldi is one of those stores that often uses the insert a quarter mechanism to avoid the cost of someone to round up carts in the parking lot.