Arkansas man mistakes NBC logo for Gay Pride Logo

Started by ynkeesfn82, June 30, 2015, 02:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ynkeesfn82

I wasn't going to bring up on this website the the story about The Supreme Court's decision to make same-sex marriage legal in all 50 states. - Main reason? I don't want to discuss politics on this board, but this story is so ridiculous I had to post it after I saw it on my friend's Facebook Feed.

An Arkansas man went on a rant on the Facebook Page of KARK-TV to protest the switch of the stations logo to a rainbow themed logo. The problem? The station didn't. The NBC logo has featured a multicolored peacock logo for years and is one of the most recognizable logos around.

http://www.newscaststudio.com/2015/06/27/view-mistakes-nbc-peacock-for-gay-pride-avatar/

Marc's Note: Please use this post to discuss the man's stupidity and not your opinion on the Supreme Court's decision. Thank-you.

TheFugitive

That multicolor peacock logo has been around nearly as long as NBC has broadcast in color.
I remember they had a very impressive neon billboard where the peacock would unfurl his
tail and change colors.  It was at the south end of the Liberty Bridge in Pittsburgh.  I was very
small, this would have been in the late '60's.

Hudsons81

The peacock logo has been used in some sort in each second I've existed in the world. I still remember back when it had more feathers and colors back and appeared in front of a big "N" in the early 1980's.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

The six colors used in the current NBC peacock logo, used since 1986, represent the six divisions of the National Broadcasting Company.