Duane Reade

Started by store215, February 17, 2010, 12:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

store215

Not really "closing", but is being bought by Walgreens. This was probably the last major chain drug store left that wasn't Walgreens, CVS, or Rite Aid.
Duane Reade is the largest drugstore chain in the NYC area..and is pretty much a generic name for "drugstore" up there. Walgreens already has 70 stores in the market and Duane Reade has almost 300. They are keeping the name, they say.

Here's a pic of one in Times Square:

TRU7536

This is a sad day in NY. I know many people who arent happy with this. Duane Reade is a NYC.

MikeRa

Quote from: MBZ321 on February 17, 2010, 12:31:49 PM
Not really "closing", but is being bought by Walgreens. This was probably the last major chain drug store left that wasn't Walgreens, CVS, or Rite Aid.
Duane Reade is the largest drugstore chain in the NYC area..and is pretty much a generic name for "drugstore" up there. Walgreens already has 70 stores in the market and Duane Reade has almost 300. They are keeping the name, they say.

Here's a pic of one in Times Square:

I've been in that location the many times I go up to NYC
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Marc82

One of my friends on FACEBOOK - Tony Santiago went to a Grand Opening of Duane Reade this morning at 8th Ave & W.16 and Joe Causi from CBS-FM the local Oldies Station was broadcasting live.