Main Menu

Target

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by HatTrick
I work for target and don't think they are going anywhere soon. They can be a bit pricey but when they get rid of items-they mark them down quickly and to 30-90% off until they get rid of them. I just hope they don't overexpand. Even Wal-Mart is scaling back their expansion plans. Target offers nicer goods at lower prices but sometimes things are slightly more than a Wal-Mart or KMart but many folks feel it is worth a few extra pennies to shop in a nicer, cleaner, friendlier store than Wal-Mart.

I like Target.  Mostly because the stores are bright, clean and not too large.  It's easy to get around the store and find what you want.  Prices are often good compared to competitiors.  I also like the service and the fact that the stores are usually less crowded than Wal-Mart.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
QuoteOriginally posted by HatTrick
I work for target and don't think they are going anywhere soon. They can be a bit pricey but when they get rid of items-they mark them down quickly and to 30-90% off until they get rid of them. I just hope they don't overexpand. Even Wal-Mart is scaling back their expansion plans. Target offers nicer goods at lower prices but sometimes things are slightly more than a Wal-Mart or KMart but many folks feel it is worth a few extra pennies to shop in a nicer, cleaner, friendlier store than Wal-Mart.

I like Target.  Mostly because the stores are bright, clean and not too large.  It's easy to get around the store and find what you want.  Prices are often good compared to competitiors.  I also like the service and the fact that the stores are usually less crowded than Wal-Mart.

I LOVE TARGET A LOT A LOT TOO. its trendy and they get customers through faster than Wal-mart.   They are also a good place to work for. I worked at the one in Concord last fall!!! it was nice and fun and friendly service!!! they are also ones who are hesitant to fire people (this year I had 2 jobs that will threaten to fire you in the 2nd or 3rd day).

I am still mad there is not one in Vermont.

Zayre88

TARGET COMING TO PLATTSBURGH

A ceremonial groundbreaking was held Wednesday for a new store in the town of Plattsburgh.   The former Ames department store will soon be knocked down to make room for a new 126,000 square foot Target department store.

Officials of the Champlain Center mall said they have pursued the jewel of big box stores for some time and Target is now ready to move here.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=6719877&nav=4QcS

Zayre88

The new Target store under construction at the Augusta Crossing.  It will open in march 2008.  It has a "tower" that will probably have a bull's eye logo on it for people driving by on Interstate 95.

Marc82

The new one in Southington, CT is costing over $4 million to build according to a building permit in the paper.

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
target in niagara falls ny (an older design and target entered buffalo 10 yrs ago)

That Target looks just like the one in Plainfield, IN, except it doesn't have a pharmacy.  It opened in April 1996 when I was in kindergarten.  (The PetSmart that is attached opened in September 1996, and the shopping center that was attached to THAT opened in late 1999 with the Kohl's across the parking lot.)  It reminds me of the former Target that turned into Old Time Pottery in Greenwood, IN.  I hope they NEVER do ANYTHING to the Plainfield location!  Brings back memories...

Marc82

Target in Southington, CT is looking at an October 08 opening I hear.

AmesNewington

Off topic, but Marc, did you find another job yet?

Marc82

Nope. Not yet. Hey feel free to contact me via private message here or on AIM or email me. Or cell me.

TheRetroNickFan

I love Target's newest design with the Pizza Hut Express, the red and white circles on the front, etc. :dizzy: The nearest one to me has it. I just wish I had a Target in my own hometown.

frameguy2704

Target is renovating the former Macy's location at the Warwick Mall, it was Jordan Marsh before that. both were there for many many years before merging. Filene's at the same mall became the Macy's if this whole location is going to be a Target it is going to be huge.

storeboy

Target will occupy only the first floor (about 140,000 square feet).

QuoteOriginally posted by frameguy2704
Target is renovating the former Macy's location at the Warwick Mall, it was Jordan Marsh before that. both were there for many many years before merging. Filene's at the same mall became the Macy's if this whole location is going to be a Target it is going to be huge.

frameguy2704

what will occupy the larger part of the store? any ideas?
QuoteOriginally posted by storeboy

storeboy

Sports Authority has been in discussions to occupy part of the second floor.

what will occupy the larger part of the store? any ideas?
QuoteOriginally posted by storeboy

store215

QuoteOriginally posted by DefunctStoreKing
Target is a great place to shop, i never been to target before but i would like to go there.

Then how would you know if it was a great place to shop? :rolleyes:

C. Fontaine

Who is this Cassie you speak of.

The Adamantium Elbow

Same here plus Target usually has a lot better name brand stuff and call me a snob but I just don't really like the whole redneck image wal-mart has.

videogamer75

I was looking at old websites through the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, and right from Target's old website, these are the stores that opened in early 1997!

California
     Encinitas, CA at El Camino Real, 1 mile north of Encinitas Blvd.
     West Covina, CA at Eastland Shopping Center off Barranca St.

Florida
     Merritt Island, FL at Hwy. 3 and Crockett Blvd., 1 1/2 miles south of the Beeline (Hwy. 528)
     Miami, FL in Dadeland Station next to Dadeland Mall
     North Miami Beach, FL on Biscayne Blvd. at 140th St.
     Tampa, FL on Gandy Blvd., east of S. Dale Mabry Hwy.
     Vero Beach, FL north of Osceola Blvd. at the corner of 58th Ave.

Illinios
     Lombard, IL north of Butterfield Rd., next to Yorktown Mall
     Palatine, IL on Dundee Rd. between Hicks Rd. and Rand Rd.

Maryland
     Columbia, MD east of Dobbin Shopping Center, off Hwy. 175
     Ellicott City, MD in Long Gate Plaza, off Rte. 29 and Hwy. 103
     Owings Mills, MD take Franklin Blvd. to Reistertown Rd. east

Michigan
     Wyoming, MI one block west of Expwy. 131, off Clyde Park Ave.

Missouri
     St. Charles, MO off Hwy. 94 at Mid Rivers Mall Drive

North Carolina
     New Bern, NC south of Twin Rivers Mall, on Hwy. 17 just off Hwy. 70

New York
     Buffalo, NY off Delaware Ave./Hwy. 384
     Cheektonwaga, NY off I-90, west of Walden Galleria
     Niagara Falls, NY on Niagara Falls Blvd., between I-190 and Military Rd.
     Williamsville, NY north of Maple Rd. on Transit Rd./Hwy. 78

Utah
     Sandy, UT at I-15 Exit 10600, east of South Towne Mall

Virginia
     Chester, VA at Rte. 10 and Jefferson Davis Hwy.
     Glen Allen, VA on Rte. 1, one-half mile north of I-295
     Norfolk, VA on Military Hwy. 3/4 mile north of Virginia Beach Blvd.

Marc82

Target Southington is opening October 12th. There will be a Job Fair Thursday 8/14, Friday 8/15, and Saturday 8/16 and Southington High School. They also rented space in an office building in downtown Plantsville (suburb of Southington) to use as a hiring center.

The Personnel Manager of the Walmart I work at has already met with officials from Target. She says it's always good to keep your "enemies" close. While she didn't tell me how much Target will be paying she said it would be considerably less than what Walmart pays and it would not be a good idea to jump ship and go work for them.

videogamer75

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
Here's the earliest style of Target that I know. This one is in Buffalo, New York

Here's an old Target store in 1965 !!

That is in Duluth, MN. There are two Targets in the city - I'm not sure which one of them is the pictured store. But they both have newer storefronts now.

I wish there was more info about the early days of Target.

videogamer75

this is the target in Sicklerville, NJ

videogamer75

videogamer75

Marc82

Target and Lowes together in Jersey? Wow. That's how it's gonna be up in Southington, Connecticut.

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc82
Target and Lowes together in Jersey? Wow. That's how it's gonna be up in Southington, Connecticut.

Lowe's and Target are together in Augusta and Biddeford, ME and will be soon near Portsmouth, NH.

Marc82

The new TARGET opened in Southington, CT. I haven't been to it yet. I heard from a reliable source they did $127,000 in sales on their Grand Opening Day 10/12/08. They predicting only $105,000.

600 Executive BLVD Southington, CT.

powersbt

The new TARGET opened in Southington, CT. I haven't been to it yet. I heard from a reliable source they did $127,000 in sales on their Grand Opening Day 10/12/08. They predicting only $105,000.

$127,000 sounds low for a Grand Opening Day for a Target.

MikeRa

QuoteOriginally posted by videogamer75
this is the target in Sicklerville, NJ
The Target they are building at Bustelton Avenue & Bleigh Street (at the site of the former William Goldman's/Budco/AMC Orleans Theatre #1-4 and former Shop Rite/Pathmark/Pep Boys-Budco/AMC Orleans Theatre #5-8), in Philadelphia, PA).

This new Target will be across the street from Sears (former Gimbel Brothers/Stern's) and Pathmark Sav-A-Center (former Super Fresh Super Store)
:bounce::bounce:
"And I'm not missing a thing, watching the full moon crossing the range"

Marc82

Went there last Saturday. Wasn't impressed. If I had to go to one, I'd rather go to the one in Meriden. The Southington one also has the same big round balls as the one in the photo of the one in Jersey that VideoGamer75 Posted.