South Shore Mall

Started by d_fife, February 24, 2006, 09:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

the south shore mall is maybe the largets mall in mass and is in braintree mass (suburb of Boston) off Rt. 3 near Rt. 93. It was built in 1961. the anchors are a 301,000 square foot Macy's, a 277,000 square foot Filene's, a SEars and a lord and TAylor. the mall has over 200 stores. The macys was a jordan marsh that opened 1968. lord and taylor was built in 1978. filene's opened in 1961 with the mall with 30 other stores. sears opened 1980. over the 1970s and 1980s the mall was renovatd and turned into an enclosed mall. the mall was expanded and renovated/remodeled in 1996 and got 100 more stores with a 2nd level adn a food court. warner brothers store opened at some point and closed summer 2001. disney store was small and relocated. software etc is small. the macy's will be divsted in early 2003 and relocate into filene's and the old macy's will become a 150,000 square foot nordstrom that opens spring 2009.

KyleRF

I went to this mall. It is very nice and it has a good food court. The Lord and Taylor is quite nice too. It's new inside, but outside it has an older look. I got to see the Filene's, but it was closed. I went on April 17, and on May 2, the Filene's will become Macy's

XISMZERO

The mall is owned by Westfield and is currently undergoing exterior renovations when last I visited. Here's the Macy's; a relic from the 1970's!
All submitted photos were taken by myself unless stated otherwise.
------------------------------------
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

Here's the interior facade of that Macy's. It's been unchanged from it's 1970s opening.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

XISMZERO

The mall currently has an original, older Disney store.
THE CALDOR RAINBOW
Our Photos On Flickr

gu4ever

The exterior sign of Lord & Taylor at night.
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

gu4ever

At the exterior entrance to Lord & Taylor is the men's showcase window.

gu4ever

At the exterior entrance of Lord & Taylor is the women's showcase window.

gu4ever

The second floor store front sign of Lord & Taylor.

gu4ever

The new Godiva store front in the South Shore Mall. This is a new design format that includes tables and chairs to lounge at while enjoying your fresh dipped chocolate treat or chocolate drink. They also offer fresh brewed coffee and Godiva "chocolate cake".

gu4ever

Lots of fresh teas to choose from here. This is one of my favorite Teavana locations.