Main Menu

DoubleC83 has it right.

Started by greg8370, January 15, 2007, 12:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg8370

I'll start--Joe St. Rock, store manager Waterford, Ct (?) now store manager Kohl's in Lisbon Ct

bababooey

Most of them are still out of jobs. They were unemployable, that's why they worked at Ames.

crabbyjack66

QuoteOriginally posted by greg8370
I'll start--Joe St. Rock, store manager Waterford, Ct (?) now store manager Kohl's in Lisbon Ct

i was a store manager in carmel ny,now i am a store manager at marshalls

greg8370

was a very unhappy asst. mgr at ames and now a store mgr at   TJMaxx

Chrisp

I was an AM/OP's manager with both Zayre and Ames went to TJX's Corporate Office as a Buyer - My wife got transfered to Indiana and i took a field position (it was horrible) - finally i am out of the retail industry.  But both Zayre and Ames gave me a good foundation to excell in my current position.

ronn0326

i was a remodel assistant for years... then assistant manager in Liberty.  currently a manager for Gap.

Anonymous

Hi,

I was employed by Ames/Zayre for 20+ years in the Baltimore/Washington market.
Was Operation manager and Store Manager at numerous store in that market.  I now self employed and owner of my own business in Terra Alta, WV.

beachgal26

Since I never worked there, I have to post a question as to what you liked most about working for Ames since I've never seen such a loyal employee base for any other store?

:o

DoubleC83

I was not a manager, although I was asked to train as receiving manager right before closing.  I don't know if it was the same for other stores, but just the atmosphere and the people made it great.  It was always very festive, relating to the season or holiday.  I met people there whom I am still friends with til this day... Things were laid back, I was always joking around with someone.  A great time!

beachgal26

That's good to hear since there aren't too many places where people work where it becomes more like a family than just a workplace.  Too bad that Ames is no longer around!

;)

darkmoon9

QuoteOriginally posted by DoubleC83
I was not a manager, although I was asked to train as receiving manager right before closing.  I don't know if it was the same for other stores, but just the atmosphere and the people made it great.  It was always very festive, relating to the season or holiday.  I met people there whom I am still friends with til this day... Things were laid back, I was always joking around with someone.  A great time!

I was just a Push receiver at Ames DC 969 Leesport, Pa. It was the same at the DC.  I'm proud to call the men and women OF DC 969 my family.  I will never work with  a better group of people. To all former Ames employees we are all family, and that is better than being friends. Keep Ames alive !!