Bradlees

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caldor1999

heres the bradlees in johnson city ny photo taken by paul bardis

after looking at the old websights store locater i dont remember seeing this one so im guessing it was one of the many that closed in 1996
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

heres some inside shots of the bradlees in quincy mass
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

and some more of the stores going out of business sale in 2001
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

another pic taken around Christmas
Caldor Forever!

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999

after looking at the old websights store locater i dont remember seeing this one so im guessing it was one of the many that closed in 1996

it closed in 1998 with 5 others.

TRJ22487

Wow that Milford CT store has such a low ceiling! Those Quincy Mass pics though, that is exactly what my Bradlees looked like (a former Grants) same high ceilings, lights, and it looks like the clothing dept had the same walls dividing the mens and womens sections. Same checkout counters too.

standa

heres some inside pictures of the bradlees im milford ct pics taken by melissa cadman

There was no Bradlees Dept. Store in Milford, CT.  The closest stores to Milford were Orange and Stratford.  Maybe it was one of those.

nims57

About what is the date of this photo?

videogamer75

Cool photos again, I remember those checkout lights pretty well.

GothicPrincess

heres a pic of the middletown nj bradlees when it was open pic taking by Donna Smith Ferretti

GOLD STAR GOLD STAR GOLD STAR!!!!!! That's the one I used to go to when I was a child!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

jmcnamara96

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
I once talked by e-mail with Bradlees' former CEO Mark A. Cohen.  Back then, he used to be CEO of Sears Canada so i was one of his employee.  I was surprised to get a reply from him.  I asked if he still had stuff from Bradlees like annual reports.  His reply:  

** Mime message reformated for OV by OFSMIME V2.1.1 **

To: *******@sears.ca
 Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:33:57 -0500
 Subject: Re: Request

At present, whatever material I still have with respect to Bradlees is in storage. I'd be happy to send you this material, but it may be quite some time before I retrieve it.

MAC

Mark Cohen's BIO
He's now back at Sears Roebuck after being fired from Sears Canada in 2004.  He was named Sears Canada CEO in 2001. He was "sent from Sears Roebuck where he was President of Softlines and Chief Marketing Officer.  Before joining Sears, Cohen served as chairman/CEO for Bradlees.  He also served as president at Goldsmith's and chairman/CEO of Lazarus.  Earlier, Cohen served in a series of increasingly responsible positions for Dayton Hudson Corporation, including president - south central territory, and senior executive vice president - merchandising for Mervyn's.

Zayre that is awsome did you get ant thing?

jmcnamara96

Oh my god look at this                                                                     Views!
 Bradlees (Pages:  1  2  ..  37)    MBZ321    Closed Chains    919    35,555

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by standa
heres some inside pictures of the bradlees im milford ct pics taken by melissa cadman

There was no Bradlees Dept. Store in Milford, CT.  The closest stores to Milford were Orange and Stratford.  Maybe it was one of those.

the group had it down as milford im guessing it could be the stradfored one cause of how the inside loooked
Caldor Forever!

TRJ22487

Taken inside of the Keene, New Hampshire location in 1995 or 1996
This came from the 1996 edition of my high schools yearbook.
In this picture you can see one of the fake walls that separates the clothing departments
I always loved that about that Bradlees because you couldn't see the entire store all at once no matter where you were, it was a wide open area except for the clothing departments, which had the illusion of being in different "rooms"
I remember they had a whole page dedicated to the inside of the store
I wish I could go back to my school and capture the images properly
But the way USA is now, I can't get back into my highschool (back when I went, alumni used to regularly come and go to see old teachers, but now only students are allowed in)

In this picture (I'm estimating from 2000) supplied by Zayre88 from the same store, you can see the same "Outdoors" font.

Caldor1999

heres a bradlees in bridge water nj this location looks so weird for bradlees it looks to wal martish

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

heres the bradlees in Yonkers ny it opened in 1993 and closed in 2001 and was the only bradlees in westchester county after the elmsford one closed in 1996 and had two floors this has since be divided into a Burlington coat factory and bobs discount furniture. this whole shopping center is completely unrecognizable today anything that was hear ten years ago is pretty much gone

heres the 2nd floor entrance ps i just made my 4000th post

this location was also used on the bradlees websight
Caldor Forever!

jmcnamara96

Quote from: Caldor1999 on March 08, 2010, 04:16:04 PM
heres a bradlees in bridge water nj this location looks so weird for bradlees it looks to wal martish

What is it now?

Caldor1999

Quote from: jmcnamara96 on March 08, 2010, 04:23:51 PM

What is it now?

best buy
Caldor Forever!

jmcnamara96

Quote from: Caldor1999 on March 08, 2010, 04:30:32 PM

What is it now?

best buy

Oh it seems reasonble jugding by its looks and design i thought it could also be BJs or Sams

Caldor1999

Quote from: jmcnamara96 on March 08, 2010, 04:35:23 PM

What is it now?

best buy

Oh it seems reasonble jugding by its looks and design i thought it could also be BJs or Sams

lol yeah i was thinking the same thing i wonder if the inside had thoughs warehouse ceilings
Caldor Forever!

jmcnamara96

Quote from: Caldor1999 on March 08, 2010, 04:38:17 PM

What is it now?

best buy

lol yeah i was thinking the same thing i wonder if the inside had thoughs warehouse ceilings

Um also i wondering how do you see pics on siteride it doesnt let me do you have to be a member? and since its Best Buy the ceiling in this store atleast must be warhouse style because best buy stores are higher in size

Caldor1999

Quote from: jmcnamara96 on March 08, 2010, 04:40:16 PM

http://siteride.com/srpl/propsearch.pl?qtype=by-retailer&prop=true&q=caldor

just change the word from caldor to any other store and you will find locations also dont space it

What is it now?

best buy

Um also i wondering how do you see pics on siteride it doesnt let me do you have to be a member? and since its Best Buy the ceiling in this store atleast must be warhouse style because best buy stores are higher in size
Caldor Forever!

jmcnamara96

Quote from: Caldor1999 on March 08, 2010, 10:00:16 PM
Quote from: jmcnamara96 on March 08, 2010, 04:40:16 PM

http://siteride.com/srpl/propsearch.pl?qtype=by-retailer&prop=true&q=caldor

just change the word from caldor to any other store and you will find locations also dont space it

What is it now?

best buy

huh you didnt say anything?

jmcnamara96

The first one is of Parsippany-Montville, NJ
The second one is of Bridgewater, NJ
The third one is of Danbury, CT
The fourth one is of Jersey City, NJ

Property of Siteride

jmcnamara96

One last one its Paramus, NJ

Property of siteride

gu4ever

A price label from Bradlees!!
There is a lot in store for you where clean, fresh and good make a GRAND UNION.

jmcnamara96

Heres the one in the Chemsford Mall durring its Grand Opening

d_fife

Quote from: jmcnamara96 on March 25, 2010, 02:16:04 PM
Heres the one in the Chemsford Mall durring its Grand Opening

woww!! when was this? I Went to the Bradlees in 2000 and it was big and the inside looked remodeled.

jmcnamara96

Opened in October of 1973