Attention Fellow Golden Girls Fans

Started by Marc82, February 04, 2009, 04:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc82

Hey Golden Girls Fans!!!!!!!! As you already know The Golden Girls will be airing on Lifetime for the final time on Friday 2/27/09. The show is moving to The Hallmark Channel and WE (Women's Entertainment) beginning in March. The Hallmark Channel just announced the dates and times in which they will be showing The Golden Girls:

*SPECIAL DAY & TIME*

SUNDAY MARCH 1, 2009 8:30AM-3:00AM.

*Monday-Friday Starts March 2, 2009*

9AM-10AM, 4PM-5PM, and 11PM-1AM

*Saturdays Starts March 7, 2009*
7:30AM-10:00AM

*Sundays Starts March 8, 2009*
10:00AM-12Noon

Schedule information for WE (Women's Entertainment) is still TBA.

The Hallmark Channel airs on Channel 312 on Directv and Channel 185 on Dish Network.

Source: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/2009/02/hallmark-channel-march-2009-timeslots.html

AmesNewington

It's always nice to have one show on two channels (three or four is overkill) in case one drops the show, there's a chance the other one will continue it. For some reason, I believe TGG will be dumped from Hallmark after a few months and will end up a mainstay on WE. "I Love Lucy" does suit Hallmark best so I think that will stay. Just my opinion. We'll have to see.

Marc: I have no idea if you lived in CT in the mid-90s, but do you remember WVIT-30's weekday afternoon line-up. Specifically 1993-95? I was 4 or 5 years old at the time, but I vividly remember it because it would come on after Days of our Lives, Another World and Ricki Lake.

It was:

4:00 Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
4:30 The Golden Girls
5:00 Married with Children
5:30 Cheers

I liked that line-up. I'd take that on 30 now instead of the news.

jmcnamara96

i like golden palace after golden girls

Marc82

QuoteOriginally posted by AmesNewington
It's always nice to have one show on two channels (three or four is overkill) in case one drops the show, there's a chance the other one will continue it. For some reason, I believe TGG will be dumped from Hallmark after a few months and will end up a mainstay on WE. "I Love Lucy" does suit Hallmark best so I think that will stay. Just my opinion. We'll have to see.

Marc: I have no idea if you lived in CT in the mid-90s, but do you remember WVIT-30's weekday afternoon line-up. Specifically 1993-95? I was 4 or 5 years old at the time, but I vividly remember it because it would come on after Days of our Lives, Another World and Ricki Lake.

It was:

4:00 Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
4:30 The Golden Girls
5:00 Married with Children
5:30 Cheers

I liked that line-up. I'd take that on 30 now instead of the news.  

Yeah dude. I've lived in Connecticut all my life. I remember that line up. Golden Girls left local stations. And Fresh Prince, Married, and Cheers all ended up moving to Channel 20 when Channel 30 was programming it for a few years. Married no longer airs on local stations. Cheers is now on WTNH (late night hours on the weekend) and weeknights at 11:35 on "MY-TV 9".  Fresh Prince in addition to airings on Nick at Nite, The N, and ABC Family it also airs weekday mornings at 1030 on TXX-TV (WTXX/20). Channel 61 has owned Channel 20 since 97ish I believe.

jmcnamara96

I'm watching Golden Girls on Lifetime its from8-10AM this morning

Crawford

For any other Golden Girls fans out there, I've seen the season sets on sale at Target for 20 bucks a pop.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

IGA/Kmart Is Forever!

Quote from: Crawford on February 05, 2009, 07:37:06 PM
For any other Golden Girls fans out there, I've seen the season sets on sale at Target for 20 bucks a pop.
Does anybody know why The Golden Palace never got released on DVD? I would love to see it. I used to watch The Golden Girls in my single digit age years with my mother and my younger brother. I never even knew The Golden Palace existed until I purchased The Golden Girls on DVD back when all seven seasons were released as new DVD releases back in the mid 2000's.

TheFugitive

My grandmother actually LOVED this show.  This one, plus Three's Company and The Love Boat.
Our whole family thought those were strange choices for a lady in her 80's.

I never really watched it at the time.  Have seen a few recently.
It was quite racy for its day.   In one episode they hit me with a vibrator
joke less than five minutes in.

Grandma, Yoi !!!!