Main Menu

Ames commercials

Started by Zayre88, January 17, 2005, 12:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zayre88

Anonymous

AmesmanBBTB

yeah I'm hurt too!

when TARGET,KOHLS,WALMART ADVERTISE FREELY IN AMES'S DEMISE:flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::mad::mad::hurt::hurt:

and WALMART! yeah you WALMART!:bum::bum::bum::bum: you!

:bounce::bounce::bounce: that felt good:bigsmile:

(THAT BIG SMILE LOOKS SO GOOD IT COULD BE A LOGO!)

Anonymous

AmesmanBBTB

:goodidea:

HEY on Ames's anniversery maybe networks should advertise Ames's old Ads

We'd call them Ames RETRO ADS

Advertise them on TV LAND as RETROMERCIALS!:bigsmile::bigsmile:

Anonymous

Or even better - a video or DVD of them (after all, there is at least one CD of old commercial songs out there for sale).

Anonymous

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
Or even better - a video or DVD of them (after all, there is at least one CD of old commercial songs out there for sale).

AmesmanBBTB

SWWWEEETTT!:cool::bigsmile:

Anonymous

Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous

AmesmanBBTB

SWWWEEETTT!:cool::bigsmile:

AmesmanBBTB

yeah and it could be announced like this:

"for the first time on DVD a treasure recovered from the ruins of the retail world.....introducing Ames 44 years of Bargains By the Bagful"

"you'll love this DVD it'll make you laugh it'll make you cry"

"this DVD has it all from company history to the people who kept the company running until the very end"

"plus it includes over thousand hours of Ames commercials from famous one like the Ames 2 day sale wishbone joke AD to the not so famous ones like Ames's Thankgiving 3 day sale
and also Ames's last airing the GOB Ads"

"If you like Ames,If you wan't to know more about Ames you must have this DVD!"

"also available on VHS pick one up today!"

"also look for Bradlees 42 years of savings on the good stuff and Caldor 48 years of checking out the change both coming soon to a retail store near you!"

LOL:insane::cool::bigsmile::bouncing::bounce:

df559

Ames ran a different ad when they were closing down their Florida locations in 1990. It had similar font but the background was a grid of lines that loked like it was from the movie "Tron" and the text just scrolled through. I wish I had that one on tape, but I don't!

Zayre88

Zayre88

Another part of the Going out of business deal in the TV ad

Zayre88

This was part of the first Ames GOB ad.  70% off fine jewelry.  If iremember, Ames always had sales with 70% off fine jewelry.  So this was no GOB deal at all...!

They have to start with smaller discounts like the usual sales.

beachgal26

OMG - I loved those spots!  Not only are they funny, it just shows how vintage some of the 90's commercials looked.

;)