Advance Auto Parts

Started by BillyGr, March 02, 2006, 11:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyGr

Anyone remember this chain?  They never actually went out completely, just kept changing names.

This Advance Auto parts in the (former) Ames & Shop Rite plaza in East Greenbush (Rensselaer) was once a Wheels.

The In door on the right is for the Shop Rite.

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by BillyGr
Anyone remember this chain?  They never actually went out completely, just kept changing names.

This Advance Auto parts in the (former) Ames & Shop Rite plaza in East Greenbush (Rensselaer) was once a Wheels.

The In door on the right is for the Shop Rite.

I remember this chain. The Advance Auto Parts in my area was once a Wheels. Remember their commercial Jingle??

BillyGr

This store is on Delaware Ave in Albany, in the same strip plaza (and next to) Eckerds.

One thing that helps pick out the older stores is the doors - that brown strip across the middle used to have the Wheels name on it.

Powersbt - To answer your question, no I don't, do you? (or does anyone else)?

shakethis1234

Fays drug owned them then fays sold them to sears became parts america then advance auto auto

mikey7290

This store is on Delaware Ave in Albany, in the same strip plaza (and next to) Eckerds.

One thing that helps pick out the older stores is the doors - that brown strip across the middle used to have the Wheels name on it.

I remember their jingle...it went "Just can't get along without my Wheels!"

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by mikey7290

I remember their jingle...it went "Just can't get along without my Wheels!"

You Got it!! :)