Tractor Supply

Started by BillyGr, March 02, 2006, 11:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyGr

This is the just opened Tractor Supply Company in Hudson (Greenport).  The building is new, and is located at the end of the former Jamesway-Price Chopper plaza.  A portion of the site it sits on was the former location of Ponderosa, which was about the last one to close in the area.

d_fife

they have opened tractor supply stores more, like in the old ames in oswego and the former kmart in saratoga. they got highest in wall street journal.

BillyGr

Here's the Tractor Supply Co. in the former Grand Union in Bennington.  The main change to the building is that they added doors in the front and blocked the former doors on both ends.  The parking lot is modified substantially (with the fenced area for storing big items, but leaving access to the exits - there are 3 extry/exits to the property.

BillyGr

This is the store in Highland (on Route 9W, just south of the Mid-Hudson Bridge).  The store sits next to a former Ames and appears to be fairly new (though I can't say that for sure).

amesman

The Highland store is actually part of the former Ames/Jamesway. The old store was divided into three slots, the left being occupied by TSC, the middle being still vacant(as far as I know), and the right portion being a dollar store.

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
The Highland store is actually part of the former Ames/Jamesway. The old store was divided into three slots, the left being occupied by TSC, the middle being still vacant(as far as I know), and the right portion being a dollar store.

Yep, the middle is still vacant (and still has the Ames sign up) - I just didn't realize that the store was that wide to start out with (which is why I thought the TSC was new) - I had guessed that Ames/Jamesway was just the middle & right parts) - oh well.  Here's the Ames sign (not really for this post, but ....)

BillyGr

This is the Cobleskill location on Route 7 - a former Jamesway in a plaza with Price Chopper.  As you can see, they've split the building with Label Shopper.

d_fife

here is the tractor supply store in pittsfield mass.

d_fife

here is the once grand union tractor supply in bennington vt. MAn these tractor supply stores are around a lot in western north east, but not in maine or nh.

d_fife

tractor supply store in norwich ny

d_fife

here is the tractor supply company store that is in half of the old ames in oswego ny

Ameskid

I saw one in Baltimore, MD that appeared to be a former Woolworth.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

d_fife

tractor supply store in ashtabula oh near the mall.

Zayre88

They will be opening a new 25,000 sf. store in Skowhegan Maine in the former Kmart that has been vacant since 1996!

mikey7290

I took a trip to the mall in Massena, NY today and saw a sign up on the lot where they tore down the old Seaway Bowl next to the Harte Haven Shopping Center.  The sign says that there is a new Tractor Supply store coming soon to that site.  This is ironic because just about a half-mile down the road where Home Depot is now, there used to be a shopping center which had a CT Farm and Family store.  Tractor Supply bought out CT, but didn't want the Massena store, so it was closed.  Now they are coming back to the village.  Also, there is another Tractor Supply which is being built on Route 11 in Potsdam, on the lot where they tore down the old Roma (Fiacco's) Restaurant.  It will be across from the new Wal-Mart Supercenter now under construction in Potsdam.

tokensafari

Their Corporate HQ in Brentwood, TN is a pretty large complex. I used to pass by their everyday on my way to work. It is not as large as you would think, but it is still pretty big.

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
They will be opening a new 25,000 sf. store in Skowhegan Maine in the former Kmart that has been vacant since 1996!

The store is now open, the building looks nice and clean.  1/3 of the former Kmart is still vacant and not renovated inside.

mikey7290

Here is a pic I took a couple of years ago of the Tractor Supply store in the Pharmhouse Plaza on Arsenal Street in Watertown, NY.  Before it moved here, the store was located in the old CT Farm & Family store a few blocks further down on Arsenal Street in the Stateway Plaza.

videogamer75

Here's the Tractor Supply Co. in Vineland, NJ.

ynkeesfn82

One opened in the past year in Farmington, Connecticut in the former Frank's Nursery on Route 6.

Zayre88

This company is expanding fast!

retailisking

Quote from: Zayre88 on April 20, 2013, 06:56:56 AM
This company is expanding fast!

You're gonna need to change your entry for this plaza; Sears closed some time ago. I just found out myself when I read that article!

TheFugitive

Ames store where I worked in Imlay City, Michigan is now a Tractor Supply.
Interesting as they have a longstanding location just up the road in Lapeer.

I had worked for TSC also.   What a loathsome bunch of people they had
running that company at the time.   They have since gone public and I believe
they are under all-new management.

Retail Regents

Tractor Supply Co. is gutting the former Grand Union/Ace Hardware in the Dutchtown Plaza in Palatine Bridge, NY. I wonder if it will eventually lose its Grand Union facade since the entrance doors on the side were removed and boarded up, plus a window in the middle was cut out, and the inside has been stripped.

TheFugitive

My guess is no.  Their store in Imlay City still has the Ames façade from all those years ago.

They tend to not put their money into exterior fine points like that.

BillyGr

Quote from: BillyGr on March 17, 2006, 11:15:33 PM
Here's the Tractor Supply Co. in the former Grand Union in Bennington.  The main change to the building is that they added doors in the front and blocked the former doors on both ends.  The parking lot is modified substantially (with the fenced area for storing big items, but leaving access to the exits - there are 3 extry/exits to the property.

Sounds like they are doing to that one in Palatine Bridge pretty much what they did with this one in Vermont many years ago (closing off the original doors on the ends and putting new ones in in the middle).
(PS - for a photo see the original post from 2006 up a bit in this thread).

Retail Regents

Quote from: BillyGr on September 17, 2019, 03:29:26 PM
Quote from: BillyGr on March 17, 2006, 11:15:33 PM

Sounds like they are doing to that one in Palatine Bridge pretty much what they did with this one in Vermont many years ago (closing off the original doors on the ends and putting new ones in in the middle).
(PS - for a photo see the original post from 2006 up a bit in this thread).

With this one, I assume the facade will be modified (part of the facade has been removed in the middle today, possibly for a peak like a typical modern build) as well as a new interior, presumably with fully open ceilings. I think they'll do more work than they did with stores back then.

Bdubs

Tractor Supply is opening a new store in Waterford. The strange thing about this TSC is it’s actually in the Waterford Commons, which is a large property consisting of different strip mall sections throughout the property. Strange they decided to not go with a stand alone building there. Plenty of space available in the area.

Retail Regents

The Palatine Bridge TSC is now open. Original Grand Union doors were replaced with additional windows and a peak was added onto the original GU facade. Entire interior was gutted with open ceilings and thin LED lighting.