Save-a-Lot

Started by BillyGr, March 02, 2006, 09:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyGr

Again, I thought there was a post for these - but I didn't see it - so here goes

This is a photo of the Save a Lot Distribution Center in Coxsackie NY (On Route 9W, just off the Thruway Exit 21b).  It opened about a year or so ago and is in a new "industrial" park.

BillyGr

This store is in the Troy Plaza on Hoosick Street (Rt 7) in Troy.  It was a Price Chopper, closed for a while, then a Midland Foods until they disappeared, and is now split between the Save A Lot and a Salvation Army store.

amesman

I remember that being a Price Chopper. Unfortunately I never got a picture of it. This is in the same plaza as the old Ames was. My Dad will be happy about the Salvation Army. Troy did have one in an old Grand Union in Brunswick that closed, so we didn't know anything about a new one.

C. Fontaine

Here's the Sav-a-Lot on Hartford Ave. in Providence, RI.  It occupies half of the former Ames space.

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
I remember that being a Price Chopper. Unfortunately I never got a picture of it. This is in the same plaza as the old Ames was. My Dad will be happy about the Salvation Army. Troy did have one in an old Grand Union in Brunswick that closed, so we didn't know anything about a new one.

Yeah - that one (Salvation Army) had closed kind of suddenly - don't really know why.  Maybe they figured a more city location would work better.  Not sure exactly when the SAL/SA combo (hey, wait a minute, who's talking about mexican food here!) opened - must have been farily recent.

Anonymous

The one in Woodlyn, PA closed years ago, but it's still very close to the one in Brookhaven.

d_fife

here is the save a lot in port jervis ny.

d_fife

here is save-a-lot in norwich ny

d_fife

here is save-a-lot in Roslindale (A part of Boston) mass and it was once a zayre.

Ameskid

We have one near Newport, in a shopping centre with Party City.
Proud to have been a member of this forum for 10 years.  Let's make it 10 more!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124303530@N08/

d_fife

d_fife

waterbury Ct one in the outskirts heading to the coming soon caldor.

d_fife

the one in the old  bradlees plaza in hartford ct

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
the one in the old  bradlees plaza in hartford ct

hartford

d_fife

Marc82

The one in Hartford was previously Stop & Shop. There's also one on Allen Street in New Britain that was previously First National aka Finast.

d_fife

the one in caribou me and northernmost one in US and ME

d_fife

tokensafari

They are owned by SuperValu

Ames#1171

Ames" border="0

U-save

QuoteOriginally posted by C. Fontaine
Here's the Sav-a-Lot on Hartford Ave. in Providence, RI.  It occupies half of the former Ames space.

It is so amazing the number that for  the so many stores mentioned on this site. so many of them have stores in old Ames.

Marc82

Sav-a-lot is currently building a new store in the former ADAMS/EDWARDS Superfood Store location in the New Brite Plaza in downtown New Britain, Connecticut. Not sure if the one on Allen Street will remain open once the new one opens.

RogerAnthony

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
waterbury Ct one in the outskirts heading to the coming soon caldor.

This building was formerly a Rite Aid until the early 2000's.

wiseguy93

A really nice Save a lot in Brooksville, FL in the Western Way Shopping Center

Marc82

A girl I work with at Walmart told me she went to the New Save-a-Lot in The New Brite Plaza in downtown New Britain, yet Save-a-Lot still doesn't have that store on their website. They still have their original location of 250 Allen Street listed.

wiseguy93

A Save A lot in a former Rite Aid Pharmacy, located in Hampton, Virginia.

wiseguy93

A Really nice looking Save A lot.