PIX Again

Started by BillyGr, March 02, 2006, 08:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyGr

If this is a duplicate post, sorry - I couldn't find one.

A mall that started years back as an open shopping center, then was enclosed.  Later additions include a Caldor (since torn down for a Lowes), theaters and a newer JC Penney.  The mall has quite a few vacancies, but those still there seem to survive.

These photos show the JC Penney, the Old Country Buffet and another restaurant, the Malt River Brewing Company.  The two restaurants are side by side (you can see the pipe from the Malt River tank in the OCB photo) and mark the approximate end of the mall prior to the theater/new JCP addition.

d_fife

I heard this mall has vacancies and the mall is not that good and how many stores does it have? I heard KB toys closed. a few semesters ago, My pyschology professor of that time told the class that he worked at the Ground round in the latham mall, is it still there.

I heard the malll had a bostons store and a woolworth and a supermarket.

Caldor1999

hears a pic of the caldor from deadmalls.com  this oddley looked like my caldor onluy with out haveing a mall atched to it
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

hears the
 inside
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

hears the inside of the caldor were u would enter
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

and hears the caldor thank u sighs i remember these to bad i dident see any when i went to the newington one
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears a 2001 pic of it
Caldor Forever!

BillyGr

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
I heard this mall has vacancies and the mall is not that good and how many stores does it have? I heard KB toys closed. a few semesters ago, My pyschology professor of that time told the class that he worked at the Ground round in the latham mall, is it still there.

I heard the malll had a bostons store and a woolworth and a supermarket.

I didn't go inside - just took outside photos - but I checked their website and don't see it listed anymore so I'd say it closed.  
The Ground Round is gone - it was a freestanding building near Route 9 - it was torn down (along with a small bank, the former Grand Union, former Caldor mentioned above and part of the wind that lead to Caldor when Lowes was built.  Another silly thought, since the Lowes doesn't open into the mall at all.
As for the rest - last time I was in there the food court had 2 things (pizza & hot dogs, maybe), the Boston Store has been a Burlington Coat Factory for quite a while, the Woolworth spot is empty (after being Stein Mart & Gold's Gym), there is still a CVS (now building a freestanding store just down Rt. 9), along with a $ store, bank, and a few other smaller stores.
The far end of the mall is a little better, with the Old Country, Malt River, theaters and JC Penney.
However, there are still a lot of empty spots.

BillyGr

OK - This kind of goes with the reply above (and others also).

The 1st shot is the Lowes - this is about where Caldor sat.

2nd shot is toward the front of the parking lot (Rt. 9 is behind the tree where the DOT trucks are) - the line gives you an idea of where the Ground Round was.

3rd shot is to show (again by the line) where there was a bank branch building in this corner of the lot (the building under construction is a CVS to replace the one in the mall (assumably).

4th shot is to show where the former freestanding Grand Union building was.

5th shot shows the "front" of the mall - this is where Stein Mart was, earlier Woolworth (though they didn't have an outside door if I remember correctly).  The "Mall" entrance is under the 1/2 circle on the right.

Continuing around the corner, the 6th shot shows one "side" of the mall - here you can see the CVS - there is also a mall entry in the corner between CVS & Rex (by the bank).

The 7th (and last) shot shows more of the "recessed front" - you can connect it to shot 6 by the grey car in the lower part of both.  The big glass wall you see was the final location for Klein's (they had been down by Caldor at one time, then (I think) in the Stein Mart area, then finally here before closing).  There is another mall entrance here.  The OLd Country and Malt River shown above are just tot the right of this last shot - then JC Penney further right.

shakethis1234

go to www.cameronllc.com they show u a site plan of the mall on 08 looks nice when its finished