Main Menu

Roses

Started by NJF, January 17, 2005, 11:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiseguy93

This Rose's is located at Western Branch Blvd, Chesapeake,

wiseguy93

This older Rose's is located in Harrisonburg, Virginia.

wiseguy93

This older Rose's department store is located on COMMONWEALTH BLVD in MARTINSVILLE PLAZA

wiseguy93

Back Entarace of the Rose's Department store locaed on Commonwealt Blvd.

wiseguy93

Did Rose's have anymore locations in Louisville, Kentucky. I heard they had one in the Algonquin Manor, which is now torn down. I aslo saw where on may have been located in the mall on Shelbyville Road which is now the food court of the mall. If you have any information please let me know.

jmcnamara96

Thomasville, Georgia looks like a old best

wiseguy93

A Grand opening was held July 30, 2009 for the new Rose's Store in St. Paul, Virginia. St. Paul located in the western part of Wise County, Va. The store opens in a former Food Lion in the Riverside Plaza which had been vacant for about 5 years since Food Lion closed it's doors.

wiseguy93

Rose's celebrates grand opening

BLUEFIELD – A new department store celebrated its grand opening Thursday with a ribbon cutting at the Mercer Mall.

The new store has more than 53,000 square feet of retail space, company officials said. The Rose's in Princeton off Stafford Drive will remain open.

wiseguy93

New anchor stores set grand openings

By John Henderson
Rocky Mount Telegram

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Grand opening festivities have been scheduled in September for two new stores in Rocky Mount that will become the anchor tenants of their plazas.

Roses department store, opening in the vacant space in the Englewood Plaza that was a Winn-Dixie more than three years ago, will have its grand opening on Sept. 3, a store official said Friday. Door prizes are being given away at the ribbon-cutting ceremony, but other details of the event were not readily available.

Roses Stores, originally known as P.H. Rose, is a regional discount store centered out of Henderson.

Roses was purchased by Variety Wholesalers Inc. in 1997.

A company press release states that Roses store will offer a variety of value-priced merchandise that includes clothing and shoes, home furnishings, housewares, toys, food, health and beauty products and lawn and garden products.

The new store will employ approximately 40 to 50 employees from the Rocky Mount area, the press release states.

Variety Wholesalers operates more than 421 stores across the Southeast.

Roses had two previous locations in Rocky Mount, one on Fairview Road and another in the previous Tarrytown Mall.

Ollie's Bargain Outlet, who according to its Web page, "is the Mid-Atlantic's largest retailer of closeout, surplus and salvage merchandise," has scheduled its grand opening in the Tiffany Square Shopping Center for Sept. 30. That space also has been empty for several years since the Winn-Dixie there departed. Farm Fresh had a contract to move into the space but backed away from its plans when the economy faltered.

Local dignitaries and store officials are slated to be at the Ollie's ribbon-cutting ceremony that begins at 10 a.m. A Dixieland band will play, and doughnuts and coffee will be served. NASCAR driver Kasey Kahne also is scheduled to attend.

The Rocky Mount store at 450,000 square feet is a little bigger than most Ollie's, but the merchandise that will be offered will be similar to its other North Carolina stores, said Jerry Altland, vice president of real estate development for the company.

Altland said the store location seemed ideal, as the Rocky Mount metropolitan statistical area draws in 143,000 people.

"That's big enough for us, and far enough from our Goldsboro store, which is 44 or 45 miles away," Altland said. "It fits our demographic package of household incomes."

Dan Haines, Ollie's vice president of marketing and advertising, said the store offers name-brand items at drastically reduced prices.

"We deal in goods that are overruns, overstocks. They could be salvage. They could be liquidations," he said.

For example, Ollie's is selling Paula Deen Cookware that it received at reduced prices when a retailer went out of business, Haines said.

Ollie's Bargain Outlet is a chain of retail stores founded in 1982 in Harrisburg, Penn. The chain has locations in North Carolina in Cary, Elizabeth City, Fayetteville and Goldsboro.

The company also has stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia and New York.

The company gets inventory from retailers, suppliers or manufacturers throughout the country through closeouts and bankruptcy sales or other similar means of buying stock at below wholesale costs.

Ollie's Bargain Outlet of stores features its namesake, the late Oliver E. Rosenberg, in the form of humorous caricatures throughout its stores' interiors, merchandising displays and on its logo and outside signs.

Haines said the store also sells books, hardware, patio items and domestic items such as sheets, towels and pillows. The store also sells flooring and carpeting at reduced prices, but it does not offer installation.

wiseguy93

The Return of Rose's to Willow Oak Plaza
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 4:37 PM EDT
Updated: Aug 03, 2009 3:37 AM E

After a quarter century in Waynesboro, the Rose's department store shut down in 2001, but it's about to come back.

Company officials announced Monday that the 50,000 square foot store will open in October. The retailer will occupy its former spot in Willow Oak Plaza on West Broad Street.

The more modern version of Rose's will employ about 40 people.

Waynesboro leaders say the store will be an anchor for the city's downtown district, which really needs it.

wiseguy93

This Rose's is located at the Three Star Mall.

wiseguy93

This is Rose's second entrance. The mall entrance. In the Three Star Mall

wiseguy93

A former Rose's Dept. Store now a Belk located in the Lake Shore Mall.

wiseguy93

This is the old Lawn & Garden Center of the old Rose's that located in the Lake Shore Mall. All Lawn & Garden Centers were built the same. They had a really good garden center.

wiseguy93

a former Rose's Department store now closed. Not sure when the store closed.

wiseguy93

This Rose's Department store is located in Moratok Shopping Center.

wiseguy93

New Roses Store to Open in Smithville
November 30, 2009

by: Dwayne Page

Roses is coming to Smithville.

According to a prepared news release on the company's website, Henderson based Variety Stores, a subsidiary of Variety Wholesalers, Inc. a discount retailer, has announced it will open a 30,000 – square-foot Roses store, a unit of the company's retail division, in Smithville. The store is scheduled to open in early Spring 2010 at 750 South Congress Boulevard formerly Pamida.

In a statement to WJLE, Tony Luna says the Luna Realty Group co-brokered the deal to get Roses here. "About a month to six weeks ago, we were contacted by a group, I believe from Missouri, that we had the old Pamida building co-brokered with and they said the Roses group had contacted them about coming into this area. They were looking at several buildings in middle Tennessee."

"I met them at the airport and brought them in and they fell in love with the community. After a couple of weeks, I was contacted again. They said they were definitely going to come into the area. They signed a long term lease with the Pamida group to move in at the old Pamida building."

"We're as excited as they are about them coming into this community, especially since the county is buying the old Food Center building. With Roses there, that's going to be a hopping end of town again."

According to the company news release, Roses operates several other stores in McMinnville, Murfreesboro, Memphis and Bowling Green, Kentucky. The new Roses store will offer a combination of "Value-Priced" merchandise that includes Clothing & Shoes for the entire family, Home Furnishings, Housewares, Toys, Food, Health & Beauty products, and Seasonal products such as, Lawn & Garden, BTS, and Christmas Decor, all at "Value Driven Prices"!

Variety Stores concept and mission is simple—provide great value, convenience, and a pleasant shopping experience for our customers. The new store will create 30 to 40 new jobs in the Smithville area. Plans are to begin hiring for this location mid December 2009. Interested parties can contact Carl Wright, Senior Manager of Human Resources at HYPERLINK "mailto:cwright@vwstores.com" cwright@vwstores.com

Variety Wholesalers, Inc. is a family owned business that has been operating since 1922, and has been listed in Fortune 500 magazine as one of the largest, privately owned companies in the United States.

The retail stores operated by the Company are grouped into three main divisions – Roses, Maxway and Super 10. The corporation operates over 425 stores across the Southeastern States. For more information on Variety Wholesalers, Inc, visit our website at HYPERLINK "http://www.vwstores.com" www.vwstores.com.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by wiseguy93

This Rose's Department store is located in Moratok Shopping Center.

was that an Ames?

jmcnamara96

I checked the photo gallery and it isnt there but i think it was definly a ames

dmx10101

Found these shirts for sale at a dollar store in Jacksonville, FL
The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

dmx10101

Just opened Rose's in Jacksonville, FL located in a former Food Lion. It's also currently the only one so far in Jacksonville.

The Fall of the Mall series-
Retail World on Youtube
All things Kmart/Sears blog-
KmartWorld.com
All things Retail blog-
RetailWorld.org

TheFugitive

This is the Roses location at the Kennywood Shops in West Mifflin, PA.
This store is in the space formerly occupied by the Hills store that was my
final stop in retail.

I need to make a trip over there to check it out in detail, as I now live
on the opposite side of town.  Apparently they have one other store in the
Pittsburgh area (New Kensington).  Interesting that they had to add the words
"discount store" to their sign as the average Pittsburgher has no idea what Roses is.

Retail Fan+ (Justin Hill)

The Smithville, Tennesee Roses store was a former Pamida store. Shopko closed that store two years before converting the rest of the stores to Shopko Hometown. Roses has since been closed, and is now a church/daycare center.

TheFugitive

Made my first ever visit to a Roses store over the holiday weekend
(the one at the Kennywood Shops, in the former location of my old Hills store).

The layout, merchandise assortment, etc. reminded me quite a bit of Value City
(although Value City stores were much cleaner.  This place was dark, dingy, and
a bit dirty).  They had torn out the former snack bar area so the checkouts went
all the way up to the front windows.  They had also installed entry and exit doors
facing directly into the parking lot (the old Hills doors faced parallel to the sidewalk
and funned you right in front of the snack bar).  The restooms, which used to be
off the snack bar, had been moved back to the wall of the Men's Department, close
to a fitting room.  The old office suite from Hills appeared to be gone (used to be
above the right rear corner of the store with a window looking out onto the sales floor.
Appears it has been moved downstairs.)

The employees were all very pleasant, and I did get myself a very nice pair of
Wrangler jeans for nine bucks.  Can't complain about that.

JimSawhill

There are building one in Tampa in Busch Plaza.

TheFugitive

I was very surprised when North Carolina-based Roses moved into my old Hills store location in West Mifflin, PA, and was really surprised to drive by one in Indianapolis the other day while on a holiday weekend road trip.