Service Merchandise

Started by store215, January 05, 2005, 07:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag67

That store was originally a Pzitz, then McRae's. I think it became SM in 1986 or 87;)

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears a pic of a car fire that happened there
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by 76&AmesfanmanBBTB
QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor99
and the last logo they used:(

That was:huh:

I thought that was an older one!

LOL:insane:

lol yep itas the last one
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

MY FAVORITE Service Merchandise logo!:bigsmile::cool::yup:

yea that one is my fav too but its hard to draw lol
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

Heres my idea for Service Merchandise's new logo :yup::cool::D:bigsmile:

lol i posted a drawing of one and i uses a dimanod for the eye lol but i like it :bounce::bouncing::roll::bounce:
Caldor Forever!

amesman

QuoteOriginally posted by tokensafari
Can that be peeled off? I got some ames signs that i peeled off the doors!

YES PLEASE GET THAT SIGN PEELED OF INTACT ASAP!

Well, last time I went to the Dutchess Mall, I did in fact peel it off, and it is on my bedroom door right now, as we speak :)

Caldor1999

i wish i could seeal something from a closed store:( lol
Caldor Forever!

powersbt

QuoteOriginally posted by amesman
QuoteOriginally posted by tokensafari
Can that be peeled off? I got some ames signs that i peeled off the doors!

YES PLEASE GET THAT SIGN PEELED OF INTACT ASAP!

Well, last time I went to the Dutchess Mall, I did in fact peel it off, and it is on my bedroom door right now, as we speak :)

Ok, now that you did that, you can work on getting those department store letters off of the walls that are still up throughout the Flea Market. That stood out in my mind when I last went there.

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Caldor1999

former Service Merchandise:yup:

that store closed in 1999 it sat vacant till 2004 the mall was torn down i think to make a bigger mall and not a shopping center
Caldor Forever!

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

SERVICE MERCHANDISE SPONSORED STOCK CAR RACING!

Remember the Service Merchandise/Mcdonalds car?:rolleyes:

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

SERVICE MERCHANDISE SPONSORED STOCK CAR RACING!

Remember the Service Merchandise/Mcdonalds car?:rolleyes:

REAL PIC OF THE CAR! (NOT MINE)

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

They also sponsored indy car/cart racing

replica of car

76&AmesfanmanBBTB

Webpage connection when they were in Business

Caldor1999

Webpage connection when they were in Business

thats the logo they use din the 1990's beofre that one there was the red logo with a scriped writhing that logo came out in the late 80's i know that caue i saw a sm catlong from te 80s that had that logo on it
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

i read an acrtal on Service Merchandise it was dated 2003 but a New Company bouth the rights to the name and thast why the lanched the web sight this company onced worked wit SM untill the 1990's mean whikle if the sight dose good they might expaned Service Mercandise back into the retile world once again:) the stores problems waent because of Wal Mart it was because they tryed newer things that were not takeing in any money it was financhle probles that put the out of bizz and at there peek they were the nations no 1 Catlog show room store and at there peek they had 413 stores this was in as of 1998 in dec that year they clsed more stores and a ch11 filening in 1999 they clsoed over then 100 stores:( in 2002 they had 213 stores left and closed all of them that year the funny thing is they anouced there going out of bizz sale on the Same date Caldor did it in Jan only caldor did it in 1999:( and hear what a 90's Service Merchandise looked like mean while they used that logo from 1987 1988? to about 1997 till the newer one came out
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

hears the logo the sights useing now
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

lets hope serice can go back into the retile world again tcause the new conpany that has the rights to there name might do that coo huh
Caldor Forever!

Jag67

Our ServMerch was built in the 80's in a big strip mall. It was an ok store, just DARK!!! of course, it closed in late 1998 and is still vacant to this day. The sign is even still on it!!

PS- it's the scripted logo

truviking05

My Service Merchandise was set up in a strange way. It was in a strip mall adjacent to an indoor mall anchored by JCPenney, Dillard's, Sears, and Burdines, and across the street from Montgomery Ward. The Service Merchandise store was right next to a Marshalls store in the plaza, and istead of each store having a seperate entrance, there was one set of doors. When you opened this set of doors you were faced by a scarily dark corridor of sorts. To the left was the entrance to Marshalls, to the right, Service Merchandise. To this day Service Merchandise is empty. The sign was only taken down recently (the red and black script type) and a new, larger Marshalls sign was put up. About a year ago I decided to go to Marshalls to see if it had changed any. I was scared to death walking alone in the dark corridor, with the run down, dingy Marshalls entrance to one side and a dark, locked up entrance to an abandoned store to the right...I was half expecting someone with a gun to jump out at me :o

Caldor1999

my Service Merchandise was in the Jefferson Valley Mall it had the white logo old one and was bult in 1983 it was a nice store i loved it but it was a vrey retro sm it closed in late 1998 might have been 1999 when they filed for ch 11 and closed some of there stores part of thew store is still there intack i think theres a lable scar but one part of it was converted into a H&M
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by truviking05
My Service Merchandise was set up in a strange way. It was in a strip mall adjacent to an indoor mall anchored by JCPenney, Dillard's, Sears, and Burdines, and across the street from Montgomery Ward. The Service Merchandise store was right next to a Marshalls store in the plaza, and istead of each store having a seperate entrance, there was one set of doors. When you opened this set of doors you were faced by a scarily dark corridor of sorts. To the left was the entrance to Marshalls, to the right, Service Merchandise. To this day Service Merchandise is empty. The sign was only taken down recently (the red and black script type) and a new, larger Marshalls sign was put up. About a year ago I decided to go to Marshalls to see if it had changed any. I was scared to death walking alone in the dark corridor, with the run down, dingy Marshalls entrance to one side and a dark, locked up entrance to an abandoned store to the right...I was half expecting someone with a gun to jump out at me :o

u should get some pictures and pictures of that Montgomery Ward too well if its still vacant
Caldor Forever!

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Jag67
Our ServMerch was built in the 80's in a big strip mall. It was an ok store, just DARK!!! of course, it closed in late 1998 and is still vacant to this day. The sign is even still on it!!

PS- it's the scripted logo

jag u should get some pictures heh and peek though a window to get some too heh is u can
Caldor Forever!

truviking05

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
QuoteOriginally posted by truviking05

u should get some pictures and pictures of that Montgomery Ward too well if its still vacant

The Montgomery Ward is now a Burlington. I'll see if I can get pics of SM.

Caldor1999

figures thats it would be a Burlington coat factorey lol i hate that store
Caldor Forever!