auburn mall (Maine)

Started by d_fife, January 20, 2006, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

the auburn mall in auburn maine was built in August 1979. It then had 60 stores and a 90,000 square foot jc penny and a 60000 square foot porteous. the mall is about 300000 square feet. I went to this mall in spring 1998 and many stores were vacant. I heard the porteous closed in july 2002 and 1/3 of the mall is vacant and The GAP closed. THis mall seems to be dying and the mall was old and dingy when I went. I WONDER WHAT THEY WILL DO TO THIS MALL. I HEAR THAT they have many temporary stores. I heard the mall was bought recently. I wonder w

d_fife

I went to this mall last week and Hot topic is in the mall and it has 10 vacant stores and porteous is still vacant and the bank is still vacant. the mall still has an outdated look.

Zayre88

I went there recently and i'd say that the mall looks a bit more alive.  They painted entranceways and skylights and it shows.  New stores like Pac Sun and C.J.Banks add to the mix of stores and fills empty storefronts but there is a lot of work ahead to revitalize the mall.

They must fill Porteous and the rest will follow.  The surrounding area is booming but the mall is at the back of the pack.  Even if the inside is better, the signing and outside is outdated and needs improvement...  They should change the colors and remove all the neons inside and out!

store215

That entrance looks so tacky :insane:

Caldor1999

teh entrance looks soo early 90's what were teh ancors????
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by Caldor1999
teh entrance looks soo early 90's what were teh anchors????

JCPenney is still open, the other anchor was Porteous, a department store chain based in Maine.

KyleRF

Can someone post a picture of the J.C. Penney, please?

Zayre88

The former Auto Center, the mall entrance and aerial view... of JCPenney at Auburn Mall.

Caldor1999

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
The former Auto Center, the mall entrance and aerial view... of JCPenney at Auburn Mall.

i dident know JC Penny had auto centers
Caldor Forever!

Caldor Ames Bradlees Jamesway Venture Woolwrth Montgomery Ward Service Merchandise Pergament Grand Union Macys Bloomingdales JC Penny Nordstrom Lord & Taylor Kohls Filene's Filene's Basment CVS H&M  Hot Topic staples Taregt Kmart Best Buy Borders Shop Rite Waldbaums Silo Nobody Beats The Wiz Lechmere Jefferson Ward Barkers Zayer Woolco Woolworth A&P Wendys Burger King Sub Way Henchgers Bulders Squre Lowes Clover Kaffmans Dillards Toy Works KB Toys Toys R Us Kids R Us Babies R Us Cost Co BJ's Amarican Egael Friendleys Ruby Tusday Chrismas Tree Shops Fun Co Land Discovery Zone Pharmore Filenes Basment TJ Maxx Home Goods Marshles Jordan Marsh Media Play Office Max Offc Depot Staples Rich's  JM Feilds Electric AVE & More Stop & Shop Price Chopper Sage & allen Ann & Hope Neman Marcus Pizza Hut Olive Gardan  Fortan Off Bed Bath & Beyond Spencers Foleys May C.O. Kaffmans Robson May Sakes Fith Ave Applebees KFC  Barns & Noble Big Lots ACE True Value  Sears Best Models Basken Robens Carvel TCBY Roy Rogers Starbucks Ben & Jerys CVS Ride Aid Strawbrigs Tower Records Pets Mart Annie Sez Party City Strawberries Dress barn Fashon Bug Huffman Koos Franks Nursey Banna Republic Tanno Turn Style TGY Two Guys Taco Bell Jo Ann Linenes & Things Tempo Sam Goody Syems  Howard Johnsons HQ Alexzanders Ikea Shaws Bobs Discount AC More Curit City Korvetties Gap Crate & Barrle Mrs Greens Chessecake Factory

Zayre88

See when that subject came up at: http://69.93.241.194/~amesfan/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24&page=7

JCPenney at the Bangor Mall has the exact same style and also has a boarded up auto center.

powersbt

The JC Penney's in Sangertown Square in New Hartford, NY had an Auto Center as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by Zayre88
See when that subject came up at: http://69.93.241.194/~amesfan/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24&page=7

JCPenney at the Bangor Mall has the exact same style and also has a boarded up auto center.

d_fife

still no news on replacing porteous? they need to fill it soon. the parking lot was not in too good shape.

Zayre88

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
still no news on replacing porteous? they need to fill it soon. the parking lot was not in too good shape.

No, Kohl's would have been the perfect store to fill the vacant section of the mall. (even if they don't usually open new stores in malls)

The parking lot asphalt is old and the vacant bank is still there in the middle of it.  Look at the outside of the Mall, old and dirty with an old Papa Gino's logo...!!

Zayre88

Great news for this mall, they made some improvements inside and out.  A Jokers Family  fun center will open in the former GAP space.  Super Shoes will relocate to the Mall.  Steve & Barry's will open in the former Porteous space.  A Courtyard by Marriott could open across the parking lot.

A lot of positive news but a lot of work still needs to be done.  There's a vacant bank in the parking lot.  Still a few empty storefronts near Porteous.  Older decor and  colors have to be updated in some places.  JCPenney should renovate their store.  The mall logo could be better.  They also lost the McDonald's Express.

An exterior paint job really improved the look of the Mall.  The logo could be better though.