fayva shoes

Started by d_fife, January 17, 2006, 08:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_fife

remember fayva shoes. It was shoe chain that went out in fall 1995. the chain was in new hampshire: gilford lakes region plaza, concord fort eddy plaza, gorham mountain valley plaza, hooksett granite state marketplace, manchester fretter plaza, nashua mall, derry hood plaza, west lebanon upper valley plaza, keene, salem broadway, portsmouth lafayette plaza, seabrook southgate plaza: massachusets revere northgate plaza, chelsea mystic mall, chelmsford, medford, boston; warwick mall. maine saco valley, lewiston promenade mall, auburn plaza, south portland, bangor, augusta; rutland vermont

Crawford

I remember the commercials "Fayva....a different kind of shoe store" These were all over the place like Thom McCan's and Kinney Shoes.
"Through the millennia, the Time Lords of Gallifrey led a life of ordered calm, protected against all threats from lesser civilisations by their great power. But this was to change. Suddenly, and terribly, the Time Lords faced the most dangerous crisis in their long history..."--the Doctor

storehistoryguy

I worked at the Fayva shoes in The Village Mall in Horsham, PA. in the early 90s. Good job.

Anonymous

Fayva is really not out of business. Fayva changed their name to what is now payless shoes. They rebranded with a new name and  kept the same business model. Its the second time they have done this since the beggining of the company. Before Fayva, they were called Pix shoes.

d_fife

QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous
Fayva is really not out of business. Fayva changed their name to what is now payless shoes. They rebranded with a new name and  kept the same business model. Its the second time they have done this since the beggining of the company. Before Fayva, they were called Pix shoes.

payless was around before fayva.

storehistoryguy

Check out this boat advertising Fayva back in 1980.

Marc82

FAVA Shoes. I rememebr them. They had a few locations in Bristol, Connecticut. Waldbaum's Plaza on Route 6. Caldor Plaza on Route 6. And for a few years they also had a location in the former KFC building on Route 6.

whitebirch

Fayva is not the same as Payless nor was it the same as Pix. Pix was it's own company starting back in the 60's. Payless started in, I believe the early 70's and sold mostly overstocks and closeouts initially. They did later change their format. Fayva actually preceded the current incarnation of Payless by about 4-5 years. Fayva was a subsidiary of another company whose name I can't recall, maybe Baker or Butler. Pix went into bankruptcy in the 80's and emerged as Shoe Works, or at least SW bought most of Pix' properties.

What a convoluted (just like everything else) industry.

Anonymous

I worked for Fayva for less than a year as a manager. Fayva was owned by the Morse Shoe Company located in Canton Mass. My departure from the company was not the best experience one would have desired, but I have some very pleasant memories of some of the people I worked with.

GothicPrincess

I remember going to Fayva shoes in the mall in Seabrook. I was only 6 at the time, so I don't remember much, but there was a Chuckie Cheese there too, along with an arcade. My mom ALWAYS bought shoes from Fayva...I have nothing more to contribute to this lol
Jaime...BRADLEES FOREVER!!!

JimSawhill

Fayva Shoes had a store in the Charter Oak Mall in East Hartford, Connecticut and they had a shoe plant in Limerick, Maine. The Limerick, Maine building is now the Holland Mills Marketplace, because Fayva left Limerick. The Holland Mills (at first a textile factory was then used by GE then Fayva. The Mills Marketplace, is nice.

webcookie

I remember a Fayva store from when I was little... I *think* it was at the Orange Plaza in Middletown, NY. If not, it was a nearbyish mall, but I think it was the Orange Plaza. I may also recall one at the Ocean One mall in Atlantic City, NJ; they had a lot of old stores that everyone thought were dead.
Before there was Wal-Mart...
Caldor, Zayre, Woolworth, Bradlees, K-Mart, & Ames ruled the Earth.

mikey7290

QuoteOriginally posted by d_fife
QuoteOriginally posted by Anonymous

payless was around before fayva.

I think the person was thinking of Picway Shoes.  We had three stores here in Northern New York (Watertown, Malone, Ogdensburg and Massena).  The Ogdensburg and Watertown stores were reopened as Payless.  The Massena store was closed because there was already a Payless in the mall.  The Ogdensburg and Malone stores closed a few years back and the ex-Picway store in Watertown's Price Chopper plaza closed last year.

JordanMarsh

There used to be a Fayva Shoes right down the street from me in Miami, Florida back in the 80's into the early 90's. I remember my mother bought me shoes from there a few times.

I'm not sure if this is relevant to the above discussion but here is a link which has some info about Fayva and ownership, etc.

amandaj1

FAVA Shoes. I rememebr them. They had a few locations in Bristol, Connecticut. Waldbaum's Plaza on Route 6. Caldor Plaza on Route 6. I had one pair of its shoes.. :) That's quite long ago now...

regards,
amanda
Simulation prĂȘt